Law School Discussion

In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
Re: In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »
Uh, they do it illegally usually on a black-market . . . I think
Right.  Certain people (libs) seem to deliberately overlook this.  They like illegal aliens because they can pay them less and deny them workers rights.  They deliberately want to create a slave class in our society.

liberals?  are you high?

its the repubs and the corps that own them that demand the cheap slave labor...
Then why do the Dems insist on defending the wrongs of these criminals invading our baorders.  I dont see Republicans, or Conservatives demonstrating in the street side by side with thier partners in crime.

beacuse the rich corp slave owners do their protesting behind closed doors...

You have totally lost me.

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »
I agree with leo, there is a class of people from bowth sides that are guilty of sins against humanity...  I still don't trust the libs, or the Dems.

Actually I'm more of a libertarian.  I have no problem with legitimate legal immigration.  In fact I suspect the system needs to be corrected so that people do not have to break the law to get in.  I believe there may be an element of racism involved (I'm not blaming a partictlar race because we all have evils to answer for). There there are certain groups of people who can come and go as they please while others are constantly interrogated about thier intent when entering the country, and are constantly denied access.

I have firsthand knowlege of this because I'm involved in business ventures in Western, and Southern Africa.  I have seen how the state department handles its temporary visa application for people who have no intention of staying in the U.S. let alone committ crimes in the U.S..

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2007, 10:31:32 AM »
Personally I am in favor of open (but controlled -- ie: find out who is coming in, but pretty much let everyone who isn't a criminal/terrorist in) borders and free trade. I am also in favor of a free market for labor.

In theory the system I favor leaves everyone smiling and happy.

Of course, until we have a real free-market economy, that won't really be feasible, but I AM WORKING ON IT.

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
Personally I am in favor of open (but controlled -- ie: find out who is coming in, but pretty much let everyone who isn't a criminal/terrorist in) borders and free trade. I am also in favor of a free market for labor.

Of course, until we have a real free-market economy, that won't really be feasible, but I AM WORKING ON IT.
Right on Captain!  You have my support.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »

its getting closer...

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »
In order for their to be an "open borders" system, there needs to be improvements on both sides.  It seems that the U.S. and it's policies are always to blame for the illegal immigration problem.  Americans have very little rights in Mexico (especially Mexican Courts and jails).  The reason people flee Mexico (and other southern countries) for the U.S. is because of the corruption (which has only further damaged their economies). 

And racism....    Those countries are more than happy to get rid of their "indian" populations.  They are racist against the poor, uneducated, unemployed, and darker skinned.  With illegal immigration to the U.S., not only do the elite of those countries "get rid" of the socially undesireables (uneducated, unemployed, darker skinned), but they also MAKE MONEY!  BILLIONS of U.S. dollars are sent back to those countries every year (which end up back in the system and into the pockets of the elite/corrupt). 

Before the U.S. starts making accomodations for those countries and their citizens (which they are heavily lobbying for) they need to show that they are willing to make changes as well.  Until then, the U.S. has every right to build a fence, deport families, etc. 

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2007, 01:08:01 PM »
In order for their to be an "open borders" system, there needs to be improvements on both sides.  It seems that the U.S. and it's policies are always to blame for the illegal immigration problem.  Americans have very little rights in Mexico (especially Mexican Courts and jails).  The reason people flee Mexico (and other southern countries) for the U.S. is because of the corruption (which has only further damaged their economies). 

And racism....    Those countries are more than happy to get rid of their "indian" populations.  They are racist against the poor, uneducated, unemployed, and darker skinned.  With illegal immigration to the U.S., not only do the elite of those countries "get rid" of the socially undesireables (uneducated, unemployed, darker skinned), but they also MAKE MONEY!  BILLIONS of U.S. dollars are sent back to those countries every year (which end up back in the system and into the pockets of the elite/corrupt). 

Before the U.S. starts making accomodations for those countries and their citizens (which they are heavily lobbying for) they need to show that they are willing to make changes as well.  Until then, the U.S. has every right to build a fence, deport families, etc. 
The Fence won't stop em but I like your statement.  I agree.  That's why the Mexican Gov't does nothing to help.  Mexico does have the money to support its own economy.  They are one of the largest oil producers in the world. 

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »

free trade is fine.. but why would you want to import poverty?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

darlinalexi

• Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
Ok, I can see the flaws on both sides...

But as far as denying Americans the same thing, there are in-state options for American citizens. If you choose to apply for out of state schools, you are assuming the cost of out of state.  For aliens, it isn't like there is another option.