Law School Discussion

In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants

DDBY

• View Profile
Re: In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2007, 12:15:34 PM »
We are the Unites States of America.  We are a sovereign nation.  We have laws that every member of the society has agreed to live by.  Illegals immediately show thier lack of interest in obeying, and enforcing those laws.

If you want to make it easier for them, change the racist immigration laws, and processes.  But untill then and illegal is an illegal.  And ecouraging such behavior leads to other crimes against humanity, and our society.

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
and lets not forget

WE ARE AMERICA!

we are the dream for millions, if not BILLIONS of people around the world.

wed be doing a big disservice to both our forefathers, some of whom prob came here illegally, as well as our children and thier children if we didnt educate those within our borders.'

there here, there staying here, lets do all we can to bring them up to a level that will keep America on top for another 100 years...

this got me thinking... why not instead have a policy change to make public school unmandatory.  Then those citizens and non-citizens alike who don't value education can skip school, eat *&^% and die.  That savings alone could pay for illegals who value education.  (it'd also pay for my retirement)

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »
and lets not forget

WE ARE AMERICA!

we are the dream for millions, if not BILLIONS of people around the world.

wed be doing a big disservice to both our forefathers, some of whom prob came here illegally, as well as our children and thier children if we didnt educate those within our borders.'

there here, there staying here, lets do all we can to bring them up to a level that will keep America on top for another 100 years...

this got me thinking... why not instead have a policy change to make public school unmandatory.  Then those citizens and non-citizens alike who don't value education can skip school, eat *&^% and die.  That savings alone could pay for illegals who value education.  (it'd also pay for my retirement)

umm... yeah, About that... 

Miles Massey

• You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »
You guys are all focusing on the negatives of this - let's look at the positive side:

If I really want to get in-state tuition from a state that I'm not a resident of, it would appear that I could simply claim to be an illegal alien (or undocumented, or whatever) and gain the lower tuition instead of having to go through the process of actually gaining residency. I mean what are they going to do when you say you are an illegal alien, ask for your papers?!?!

This is great! Saves me lots of money and paperwork to get in-state tuition in other states!

« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2007, 03:20:12 PM »
That's a good point. 

Except, even as an illegal alien you would still have to show that you attended high school in the state that you seek in-state tuition. 

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
You guys are all focusing on the negatives of this - let's look at the positive side:

If I really want to get in-state tuition from a state that I'm not a resident of, it would appear that I could simply claim to be an illegal alien (or undocumented, or whatever) and gain the lower tuition instead of having to go through the process of actually gaining residency. I mean what are they going to do when you say you are an illegal alien, ask for your papers?!?!

This is great! Saves me lots of money and paperwork to get in-state tuition in other states!

Also, although illegal aliens get away with identity theft and other such felonious deceptions with no penalty, if an American citizen commits such a crime he/she could find him/herself in prison for a very long time. interesting, but true.

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2007, 01:17:45 AM »
i have a close friend of mine whose daughter is in 1st grade.  in her class there are 3 illegal immigrant kids who speak NO ENGLISH.  this is in middle class america by the way.  anyways, the mother often volunteers at the school and noticed one day that the teacher spent most of the day trying to translate to the 3 criminal children.  (shut up, they are guilty be association)  anyways, she went to complain and the principal said too bad so sad.  so she wanted to move her kid to the better school down the road but was rejected...

why?
because she wasn't registered as a citizen in that specific county.  on the other hand, those illegal immigrants can have their children ANYWHERE they want.  but because this lady lives in another county, she's stuck with one school choice only.

only in america

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2007, 11:18:31 AM »
Just another example of illegal immigrants being an burden on our education system.  And think about all of the money wasted on ESL programs?  This, when schools are begging for more money to fund the education of regular students. 

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
By denying them the right to an education, we are creating a permanent underclass of people who are unable to meaningfully participate in society.

I'm not saying that we should deny them an education, I am just saying that they shouldn't be given in-state tuition.  In-state tuition in California ($20,000+) is much more expensive than out-of-state tution in Utah ($14,000).  So there are still many options that illegal immigrants have when going to school, I just don't think that an illegal immigrant should be given a government subsidized education. 

As a part of this, can someone be considered a citizen of a State and not of the U.S.? 

lso, I don't follow your logic.  States shouldn't give in-state tuition to people who've lived in those states because they don't distribute those benefits to people who've never contributed to those states?

They may have lived in those states, but not LEGALLY.  In fact, they aren't legal citizens of ANY state.  I go to school outside of California, and there were several hoops I had to jump through to get residency so that I could pay in-state tuition. 

As for children who were brought here when they were young, it is truly unfortunate that they have to suffer the consequences of their parents mistakes.  However, LEGALLY there are no exceptions.  I might be unfair to them, but it is also unfair that the wonderful people of Africa have to suffer so much more than any Mexican, Central, or South American.  Famine, cruel governments, war, and genocide to a degree that has never been seen south of the U.S. border has plagued that continent for years. 

How is it fair that they have to go through the arduous process to come to the U.S. (or Europe) LEGALLY, while 12 million others cut in front of them because they have easier access to the U.S.? 

The wonderful people of Africa, lol....

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »
you guys are aware that if you try to sneak inside south america from the mexican border....you will be shot to death on the spot.   they have snipers ready to take down intruders

also, mexico has some very strict immigration laws of their own, like non citizens can NOT hold demonstration marches or get involved in politics.  they also give first job preference to their own citizens, etc. 

every mexican that comes here bitching about our policies is a hypocrite criminal!  and vincente fox just laughs it up.