View
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Taking the Same LSAT more than once

->Soon

• View Profile
Taking the Same LSAT more than once
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »
So, is it helpful to take them repeatedly close together?

for example, all of the 2000 and later more than once?

the games seem a heck of alot easier (and therefore less discouraging) in the more recent tests...

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the Same LSAT more than once
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
Technically, you should be doing all your tests twice. Once when you take the test, and the second time when you review your answers in order to find out why the right answer was the right one, and the wrong one the wrong one. With the games, if you don't manage to figure out how to do it when you are taking the test, then when you review you should work on the set up and the questions until you get it.

I don't see any purpose in taking a test again after you've analyzed all of it. You have way better things to be doing with your time. Like working on new games! In mastering a particular game, it's not the mastery of that game that matters but the mastery of the particular type of thinking that will help you solve similar games.

You can do it!!

Ersatz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
I think there's significant diminishing returns to taking the same test a second time - in my experience, at least - and unless you are running out of tests, there's no reason to do it.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
I agree with most of the previous posters that there is diminishing return with taking the exams twice.

However, I did find that there was some benefit, as long as you give yourself sufficient time in between administrations to not simply resort to memorization.  I took the exam in September.  I didn't get the score I wanted, so I ended up re-practicing with a lot of the same recent tests for the December re-take.  What I found was that I seemed to miss the same questions all over again.  Thus, it really helped me pin down exactly what types of questions I was repeatedly having difficulty with, and concentrating on those.

However, I agree that there are probably more time-efficient ways of doing this.