Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The plot thickens... (UT TROLLS CLICK HERE)  (Read 3990 times)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: The plot thickens...
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »
You might not have understood but it's usually a good idea to indicate moods like sarcasm on a written forum.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »
OTOH, why buy a new Lexus at discount for $15k when you can get a sweet Chevy Aveo for $35k?
Because the Lexus isn't a Chevy.

Yeah, but the Chevy isn't a Chevy either. It's built in Korea by GM-Daewoo.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

UTDeac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 09:54:16 PM »
Aside from the fact that Austin has lots of live music (not that you'd have time to enjoy it) and UTexas has great athletics, it's a better school and it's cheaper.  $14K a year would be $42K by the time you get your JD.  That's a big difference.  Also is cost of living cheaper in Austin?

And not to be the rain on parade, but what if another hurricane hits NOLA?  Then what?
Tennessee Law 2011
Fulbright TA to Spain 2007-2008
Wake Forest '07

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »
Aside from the fact that Austin has lots of live music (not that you'd have time to enjoy it) and UTexas has great athletics, it's a better school and it's cheaper.  $14K a year would be $42K by the time you get your JD.  That's a big difference.  Also is cost of living cheaper in Austin?

And not to be the rain on parade, but what if another hurricane hits NOLA?  Then what?

The total difference is 14k...  Cost of living would actually be higher in Austin in my situation.

I do not see any reason the legal community would react any differently to another hurricane...

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 10:44:56 PM »

And $42K is not just $42K. At 8% interest for loans, and then that you will be earning like $1.60 for every $1 you keep, it can be a more significant figure that it appears.
Air Force JAG Corps

UTDeac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 11:10:29 PM »

The total difference is 14k...  Cost of living would actually be higher in Austin in my situation.

I do not see any reason the legal community would react any differently to another hurricane...

The legal community might not be greatly affected by another serious hurricane, but the university itself could be.  I mean odds are the same thing that happened in fall of 2005 won't happen again for a long time, but would you really want to be forced to take a semester off/study somewhere else due to a freak hurricane?  I know this is a distanct concern, but it's one minor factor that can be weighed with all the other ones like debt, location, $$$, $$$, and $$$.
Tennessee Law 2011
Fulbright TA to Spain 2007-2008
Wake Forest '07

ElectricalStorm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2007, 03:13:37 AM »
Aside from the fact that Austin has lots of live music (not that you'd have time to enjoy it)

There's time. I think I have already been to more concerts than I did in all of undergrad haha.
UT 1L

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2007, 04:18:39 AM »
If you want more people with UT/Tulane knowledge to answer, you might consider changing the subject of your thread to something that incorporates those two names. I am personally more likely to click on a thread with the intent to provide information if I know before I click on it that I have information to provide. As it is, you are probably getting alot of 'curious clickers' and not enough 'good UT trolls,' because they don't know you're looking for them.

skyhigh711

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »
I call shenanigans.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 12:19:52 PM »

And $42K is not just $42K. At 8% interest for loans, and then that you will be earning like $1.60 for every $1 you keep, it can be a more significant figure that it appears.

Again.... No debt on graduation, total cost difference is 14k.  Cost is not a very big concern at all. 

I lived on the gulf coast for a few years, I understand hurricane risks.