Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG! Off the Waitlist! (Post YOUR Decisions here)  (Read 59958 times)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! Off the Waitlist! (Post YOUR Decisions here)
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
congrats misschar! :)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »
WHOA...I just now got accepted to the Penn State full time program! This is the best WL cycle ever. :)

But I should still go to Pitt, right? It seems like I should, am I missing anything? I wouldn't mind living in Pitt, or moving somewhere else in PA or VA. I know PSU is ranked much lower, but I realize they are both regional schools to a large extent.

i guess that one point made a difference after all

:D

misschar

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2007, 09:50:26 PM »
almostlegal- I would hold out as long as you can. You probably won't be getting a seat that opened up on June 1st, but if someone was holding a seat at your school and got accepted off a waitlist themselves it would take them a little while to decide where they wanted to go before they pulled out. If they wanted to get confirmation back from their new school before they pulled out it would take even longer for their seat to open up. It's less likely as time goes by, but it can still happen. I wouldn't give up just because they are taking a long time, but I would pull out when you absolutely need to make alternative plans.

misschar

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:06 PM »
congrats misschar! :)

thank you!   :D

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »
almostlegal- I would hold out as long as you can. You probably won't be getting a seat that opened up on June 1st, but if someone was holding a seat at your school and got accepted off a waitlist themselves it would take them a little while to decide where they wanted to go before they pulled out. If they wanted to get confirmation back from their new school before they pulled out it would take even longer for their seat to open up. It's less likely as time goes by, but it can still happen. I wouldn't give up just because they are taking a long time, but I would pull out when you absolutely need to make alternative plans.

Thanks, misschar!  Oh, and congratulations!

LC525

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
WHOA...I just now got accepted to the Penn State full time program! This is the best WL cycle ever. :)

But I should still go to Pitt, right? It seems like I should, am I missing anything? I wouldn't mind living in Pitt, or moving somewhere else in PA or VA. I know PSU is ranked much lower, but I realize they are both regional schools to a large extent.

May I ask what you decided?  I'm still on the wait list at PSU Dickinson...   :'(

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 13, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »
LC, I withdrew today from PSU! I hope you'll get my spot. :)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 19, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I got off the waitlist at Southwestern and I'm attending... YAY!!! I was going to withdraw today, so I'm really happy!

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 19, 2007, 05:34:02 PM »
Congrats alexi! I've been keeping track of your posts, I've had my fingers crossed for you! Proud! :D
Vandy 1L... really?

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 19, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »
Yay Darlinalexi!!  :D You really deserve it.

And I just got into Villanova. This is nuts!

Given that Pitt and Nova would cost about the same for me, should I consider going to Nova?