Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: who won the REPUBLICAN DEBATE???  (Read 4207 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: who won the REPUBLICAN DEBATE???
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2007, 05:35:14 PM »
romney looked presidential? aside from having a strong physical presence, what about him was presidential? he stumbled over his words almost as badly as bush does. he failed to respond to the majority of questions he was asked. he contradicted himself repeatedly. i agree with the slime comments -- i found his performance incredibly disappointing.

i'm not a big fan of gulliani, but i appreciated that he could actually speak for thirty seconds straight without confusing himself. and i appreciated that he answered the questions he was asked, rather than narrowly following his own agenda the way many of the other candidates did.

I dunno--I just got the opposite impression.  I thought Romney looked poised, while Gulliani looked like he was constantly stumbling.

Neither stumbled. McCain was the stumbler. Giuliani was just Giuliani...

Maybe I'd just never heard him speak before for any length of time. 

I've never liked McCain. 

Subtle Ron Paul troll?

Well--the Ron Paul trolling was earlier in the thread when I said, "I would vote for Ron Paul," but yes, I suppose all my political remarks are subtle Ron Paul trolling. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »
Four don't believe in evolution!  There goes science curriculum in schools.  And just because you lowered crime in NYC Rudy, doesn't mean I want to put you in charge of foreign policy and matters of war.  I have to stop ranting.  The debate drove me nuts.  They are all completely out of touch.

besides, didn't a certrain economist/journalist team point out that it was actually the increase in abortions after roe vs. wade, and not policies put forth by giuliani or any other mayor in the US, that caused the nationwide decrease in inner-city crime? and that (whatever individual beliefs on abortion may be) the ability for women to choose not to give birth to children who would face difficult life circumstances actually ended up helping out our society twenty years later? or is that still a debatable issue for some of the republican candidates, much like the existence of global warming, evolution, natural-born homosexuals, or the failure of the no-child-left-behind-and-every-other-domestic act put forward by the bush administration? gosh-dang it [angrily shaking fist at how a once respectable party has grown into a reactionary bunch of fools.]

Subtle Ron Paul trolling. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »
looks like Newsweek is pushing hot air into the WAY too early to tell presidential race....

hey newsweek put the pipe down... ;) we're not buying it...

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • great grandpa mccain = warmonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
putz.
if want "change," stop following republicans off cliff.

Julie Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • great grandpa mccain = warmonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 06:37:07 PM »
putz.
if want "change," stop following republicans off cliff.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 07:31:31 PM »
romney looked presidential? aside from having a strong physical presence, what about him was presidential? he stumbled over his words almost as badly as bush does. he failed to respond to the majority of questions he was asked. he contradicted himself repeatedly. i agree with the slime comments -- i found his performance incredibly disappointing.

i'm not a big fan of gulliani, but i appreciated that he could actually speak for thirty seconds straight without confusing himself. and i appreciated that he answered the questions he was asked, rather than narrowly following his own agenda the way many of the other candidates did.

I dunno--I just got the opposite impression.  I thought Romney looked poised, while Gulliani looked like he was constantly stumbling.

Maybe I'd just never heard him speak before for any length of time. 

I've never liked McCain. 

Subtle Ron Paul troll?

Well--the Ron Paul trolling was earlier in the thread when I said, "I would vote for Ron Paul," but yes, I suppose all my political remarks are subtle Ron Paul trolling. 

Yep, not so subtle after all.

turnitout

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »

"stumbled" was probably the wrong choice of words. i guess i thought everyone would know what i meant. basically: he wasn't a strong, confident speaker.
apparently a lot of people disagree with me about how romney did, though -- since i posted the first time, i keep hearing that romney 'won' the debate. says a lot about what the american public is looking for.

scooby21322

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cmschube
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/login.php
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »
I liked Huckabee the best.  I wish he was considered a legitimate condender.  I really like the idea of a president supporting the fair tax.  Of the three biggest contenders, I suprisingly liked Romney the best. 

Oh, and Ron Paul was a joke.  I can't believe he's from Texas...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007, 12:20:11 AM »
VIP.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »
I liked Huckabee the best.  I wish he was considered a legitimate condender.  I really like the idea of a president supporting the fair tax.  Of the three biggest contenders, I suprisingly liked Romney the best. 

Oh, and Ron Paul was a joke.  I can't believe he's from Texas...

I liked Huckabee too.  I think Paul is for the Fair Tax as well though. 
CLS '10