Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: who won the REPUBLICAN DEBATE???  (Read 4282 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
who won the REPUBLICAN DEBATE???
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »
these guys seemed more presidential than the democrats sophomore crop...

...some of them even knew the difference between the sunnis and the shiites...most impressive!

aye think huckabee won it...

romney LOOKED like the next president of the united states...talk about a commanding presence.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: who won the REPUBLICAN DEBATE???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »
...WOW...

presidential runners pocketbooks just got fatter...pubs funding now increases.

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »
You realize that only 11 minutes elapsed between your original post and your follow up response to your original post.  Perhaps you should give it some more time before expecting people to respond.  Anyway, I really didn't watch it, my guess was that the viewpoints between 10 white republicans wouldn't differ that much (except for Giuliani).  I will probably vote for Kucinich.
HLS '10

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 01:17:05 AM »
Why would I watch a debate involving parties I would never vote for, espousing opinions I would never agree with? I have better uses for my time. Like masturbation.

My sentiments exactly (even though I did watch part of it). 
HLS '10

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 02:14:14 AM »
Why would I watch a debate involving parties I would never vote for, espousing opinions I would never agree with? I have better uses for my time. Like masturbation.

My sentiments exactly (even though I did watch part of it).  Umm, someone above me deleted their post, not sure why...

D-dub happens. You quoted my post, so that made it safe for me to delete. Soon, this post will also be gone.

Oh, sorry, I'm new to this board, what does D-dub mean?
HLS '10

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 02:14:38 AM »
down to eightynine now.

My sentiments exactly (even though I did watch part of it).  Umm, someone above me deleted their post, not sure why...

D-dub happens. You quoted my post, so that made it safe for me to delete. Soon, this post will also be gone.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:21:07 AM »
I watched it--I would definitely vote for Ron Paul if I got the chance.  Romney looked good though, most presidential I thought.  Harvard Law grad too--pretty smart!
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 02:36:06 AM »
I watched it--I would definitely vote for Ron Paul if I got the chance.  Romney looked good though, most presidential I thought.  Harvard Law grad too--pretty smart!

You do realize that Ron Paul is the choice of Stormfront.org, the most popular White Supremacist discussion board on the internet.  And yes, if you like him vote for him, but I'm just pointing that out; it's something to think about...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php/ron-paul-running-president-373752.html
HLS '10

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 02:37:19 AM »
They all sounded completely out of touch with reality and the public.  In no other party could someone get a platform on a legitimate Presidential Debate by basing his entire career on racism.  Tancredo just seems to despise anything that isn't white.  Rudy (and Paul I guess, but he has nothing but his opposition to the war) sounded like the only one with any meaningful thoughts and looked like the only one who was willing to not pander to the batshit crazy Republican base.  He's a crazy sumbitch though.

EDIT:  No auto censors here?

jamas

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »
You do realize that Ron Paul is the choice of Stormfront.org, the most popular White Supremacist discussion board on the internet.

Even if we were to assume, based on your post, that a single thread on a website's message board equates to endorsement by that website as a whole, what relevance does this have to Ron Paul as a candidate? I think you're committing a fallacy here (affirming the consequent) by implying that just because some racists support Ron Paul, it means Ron Paul supports racism. This is an invalid argument. I know some dyed-in-the-wool Marxists who voted for John Kerry in the 2004 election; that doesn't make John Kerry a Marxist, nor did it make a vote for John Kerry a vote for Marxism.