Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: There is nothing wrong with Tier 3 law schools  (Read 21945 times)

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: There is nothing wrong with Tier 3 law schools
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »
Especially when you haven't been to a single day of law school yet, and seen that it is *not* exactly like 0Ls on a message board would have you believe.

My friends at a middling Tier 1 school have basically confirmed that what is said on message boards is by and large true. 

The ones with median GPAs have nothing even 2L summer, ones in top 20% have local biglaw lined up.

t3.  state school.  top 50%.  summer clerkship as a 1L.

Yeah...there are plenty of 1Ls at my school that are not in the top of the class, or even in the top half, that have good summer gigs lined up.  I am not in the top 10%, or even close, and got plenty of interviews, and am doing exactly what I want to do this summer.

Grades are important.  So is personality.  And so is who you know.  Really, at any given school, there will be top students that don't get the jobs they want, and bottom students who do.  And it will seem like a mystery as to why if you think that *all* that matters is school ranking and grades.

Same at my school- lots of us less than stellar students have summer clerkships lined up with federal judges or other jobs they were quite happy to get, while students much nearer to the top of the pack didn't get something all that desirable. I think it has as much to do with as much effort you put into the job search. You can't expect your school to be of any use and have to do the networking/searching on your own.

Nontradloserwhoattendsatier2onstudentloansheis

• You're the only friends I have.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »
Especially when you haven't been to a single day of law school yet, and seen that it is *not* exactly like 0Ls on a message board would have you believe.

My friends at a middling Tier 1 school have basically confirmed that what is said on message boards is by and large true. 

The ones with median GPAs have nothing even 2L summer, ones in top 20% have local biglaw lined up.

t3.  state school.  top 50%.  summer clerkship as a 1L.

Me too brah. $12 an hour baby!!!!!!
I didn't get good grades, didn't make law review and continue to fail at life. So why am I qualified to give you advice? Because you're a T2/3/4 student.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »
See, this is the problem with you retarded prestige whores. If it isn't a big firm, it's not a job right? For the 794th time - we know that if you want to be an associate at Wachtell you need to go to a top school. Stop beating the dead horse, you have nothing new to add to a discussion - ever.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »

A low-paying clerkship is "something" not nothing as you have asserted. Plus, doesn't your sig say you were accepted to no law schools? I don't know if I would trust the quality of your friends.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
See, this is the problem with you retarded prestige whores. If it isn't a big firm, it's not a job right? For the 794th time - we know that if you want to be an associate at Wachtell you need to go to a top school. Stop beating the dead horse, you have nothing new to add to a discussion - ever.

These people are morons. I'm making twelve (12) dollars ($) an hour this summer. You think a nontrad failure like could make this kind of payola without my sweet tier 2 degree? Puleeze.

I didn't get good grades, didn't make law review and continue to fail at life. So why am I qualified to give you advice? Because you're a T2/3/4 student.

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2007, 02:23:51 PM »

You're still not getting it now are you.

If somebody is ok with an approximately 15 year time to ROI going in, good for them.  But the point is that it will take a looooooong time to get back to the place you would have been without law school.

I don't get in to a top school, I go to a startup after doing my time in corp america, I'm not in any hole in any case.

Looooser alert

Look, you don't want it bad enough. Let me tell you how I got my sweet twelve (12) dollar ($) an hour job. I was balls to the wall. I went into it with the attitude that I would suck a herpetic male private part for an offer. I wanted it bad. I handed out resumes in the lobby to get my job. You can't just expect oh see eye to hook you up. You have to want it.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2007, 02:24:08 PM »

You're still not getting it now are you.

If somebody is ok with an approximately 15 year time to ROI going in, good for them.  But the point is that it will take a looooooong time to get back to the place you would have been without law school.

I don't get in to a top school, I go to a startup after doing my time in corp america, I'm not in any hole in any case.

My pre-law salary- $37K. My post-law school salary= $40K if I were in the same career. 10 years down the road? Maybe $50K. Even a T3 would give me a quicker ROI than 15 years.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2007, 02:24:46 PM »
If somebody is ok with an approximately 15 year time to ROI going in, good for them.

Good, now @#!* off, please. You do nothing but female dog, troll and whine on behalf of others. You're probably the most useless person who has ever been able to hook up a computer to the internet.

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »
My pre-law salary- $37K. My post-law school salary= $40K if I were in the same career. 10 years down the road? Maybe $50K. Even a T3 would give me a quicker ROI than 15 years.

I guess for you it makes sense then.

You make me sick you loser.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 02:29:42 PM »

I guess for you it makes sense then.

The median salary for people with a bachelor's degree in the US is $38K for women and around $51K for men. I'd say it makes sense for most people since coming out of law school you'll probably make that much to start. You are just out of touch with reality.