Law School Discussion

Michigan Waitlist

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Michigan Waitlist
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2007, 04:32:13 AM »
Just got off of the wait list yesterday. They said they are pretty much at enrollment and risked overenrolling by admitting me, but it still worked out i guess

Congrats!

« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
Just got off of the wait list yesterday. They said they are pretty much at enrollment and risked overenrolling by admitting me, but it still worked out i guess

they own you now. you will be the person without a seat in class. :D just kidding...congrats!!!!

iscoredawaitlist

• The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:27 AM »
if you really want them to end your misery, send them another LOCI saying that you can't go after August 4th or something.

Nasche

• Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »
I know it's been asked a million times, but the suggestion about visiting: is this worth it? I've been to Ann-Arbor, before I applied, and loved it, but as far as boosting my chances, I'd be more than willing to take a trip.

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »
I know it's been asked a million times, but the suggestion about visiting: is this worth it? I've been to Ann-Arbor, before I applied, and loved it, but as far as boosting my chances, I'd be more than willing to take a trip.

Prolly not. The best thing that can help you is any kind of continued interest letter in which you can show something new and interesting that they will respond to.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »
Um, Lindbergh?  A personal campaign isn't going to do a damn thing at this point.  You're a little late to this party.  Nasche is starting law school in a few weeks (at a mighty fine school either way, I might add.) 

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
No, Nasche seems perfectly lovely and I'd be delighted to have him join us.  On reread, my comment does seem unreasonably snotty, so my apologies.   

But that's not how Dean Z. operates.  At this point, the waitlist is "still operating" in the sense that they're keeping a small pool of candidates in case of withdrawals.  It's certainly wise to keep her appraised of one's continuing dedication to the school, but all of the campaigning in the world isn't going to make a spot open up.  The whole personal campaign thing is a great idea at the start of the cycle, or even early in the waitlist cycle, but it's sort of silly at this point.  Is is POSSIBLE that a WL candidate could so wow her in person that she'd admit an extra person?  I suppose.  Is it likely?  Not based on my sources. 

Nasche

• Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »
Well, I'm a big fan of being called "lovely", so color me flattered.

As for everything else, I think I agree with both of you. I don't think there are any immediate spots that need to be filled, but, in the event that there are, I think that maybe a visit to Michigan would help my prospects in the event of a withdrawal. I'm thrilled to be attending UT, but I'm still going to take the opportunity to maximize my chances, though we'll have to see if time/money allows.

Either way, I'm glad you're both looking out for me.  :)

« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
Hey nasche, quick question for you.  I think you said you were in-state @ UT right?  In that case - would you be willing to pay the additional $$$ at UM?  UT is a great school...do you want to practice up north or something?  Maybe the pyschological pain isn't worth it?  I'm just trying to help out - as I can probably think of quite a few scenarios where UT may be preferable over UM (like financial reasons, and wanting to stay in Texas, being afraid of cold weather, etc.)....So maybe it's time to start celebrating?  Again, just trying to help lower the general anxiety of being on the waitlist...

Nasche

• Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2007, 01:43:11 AM »
Hey nasche, quick question for you.  I think you said you were in-state @ UT right?  In that case - would you be willing to pay the additional $$$ at UM?  UT is a great school...do you want to practice up north or something?  Maybe the pyschological pain isn't worth it?  I'm just trying to help out - as I can probably think of quite a few scenarios where UT may be preferable over UM (like financial reasons, and wanting to stay in Texas, being afraid of cold weather, etc.)....So maybe it's time to start celebrating?  Again, just trying to help lower the general anxiety of being on the waitlist...

Heh, while I appreciate it, you're wrong on all counts. I'm out-of-state (though UT will be cheaper after I establish residency), am not sure if I want to stay in Texas, don't mind cold weather, etc. Thanks though.  :D