Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan Waitlist  (Read 24583 times)

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Waitlist
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
Nasche, if it makes you feel any better, I'm visiting Austin right now, and it is amazing!  You will have a great time at UT, I'm sure, if you don't get off Michigan's waitlist.

Definitely, and UT is a great school. I'm really excited to live in Austin, besides, but especially given what I have in mind for my legal career (which is precarious, since who knows how much that will change in 3 years), Michigan would just be a great fit. Either way, they seem to have made some cuts again and, despite that, I'm still around on the waitlist, so I'm staying hopeful.

i get the impression that those cut from the list are those who gave an earlier final consideration date. I think jamas gave the end of July as his final date, and they're probably fairly confident that their next offers won't be made until August. Just a theory, but I don't think they're pruning their list except for based on that.

Hmm, I don't think so. When I called to ask, I had to get a call back so the lady who picked up could check to see if they had removed me off the waitlist after the new round of cuts, despite my telling her that I had asked for late consideration.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »
Nasche, if it makes you feel any better, I'm visiting Austin right now, and it is amazing!  You will have a great time at UT, I'm sure, if you don't get off Michigan's waitlist.

Definitely, and UT is a great school. I'm really excited to live in Austin, besides, but especially given what I have in mind for my legal career (which is precarious, since who knows how much that will change in 3 years), Michigan would just be a great fit. Either way, they seem to have made some cuts again and, despite that, I'm still around on the waitlist, so I'm staying hopeful.

i get the impression that those cut from the list are those who gave an earlier final consideration date. I think jamas gave the end of July as his final date, and they're probably fairly confident that their next offers won't be made until August. Just a theory, but I don't think they're pruning their list except for based on that.

Hmm, I don't think so. When I called to ask, I had to get a call back so the lady who picked up could check to see if they had removed me off the waitlist after the new round of cuts, despite my telling her that I had asked for late consideration.

hmm well who knows. i haven't gotten a letter yet, which is good with me.

dontknowwheretogo

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2007, 11:48:31 AM »
Why don't you guys asked for Deferred admissions....that seems to do the trick right?

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Why don't you guys asked for Deferred admissions....that seems to do the trick right?

already asked and was denied.

joe1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
asked and denied

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
asked and denied

don't you mean your friend?  ;)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2007, 03:08:32 PM »

already asked and was denied.
i wonder if you can ask again. :D
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

joe1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »
asking again might just annoy them and lead to slicing you from the wl lol
try it and let the board know what happens!

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »

I've debated this, but, as much as I want to go to Michigan, I also want to get started with law school. Maybe I should reconsider?
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2007, 03:24:38 PM »

I've debated this, but, as much as I want to go to Michigan, I also want to get started with law school. Maybe I should reconsider?

DO IT!!!!! I did. It is worth it.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future