Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2010  (Read 1198 times)

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
University of Pittsburgh Class of 2010
« on: May 03, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »
Hey guys I was wondering if you are attending UPitt where you are planning on living this next year.  I've been looking at a few places in Shadyside, Squirrel Hill and then some lofts over in downtown.  Also, when is everybody moving to Pittsburgh.  I think that I'll be headed over the 1st of August or something.  Maybe we could organize a round of golf or a Pirates game before school starts.

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
Hey-- I got an apartment in Shadyside through Mozart Management. It's called the Highmont, and it's on 5th ave about 1.5 miles from the school. I was told to get an apt. through them or Franklin West. I looked in N.Oakland and couldn't find anything I liked. If you want more details about the search/prices, feel free to PM me.

Oh, and it's definitely a good idea to organize something for the c/o '10 to hang out before school starts. I'm not from the area, and I'm living by myself, so meeting people before the stress sets in would be awesome.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »
Bump...I just got accepted off of the WL so I'll be headed to UPitt too. I'm not from the area (I'm from Northern VA) and I'm going to head up to look at apartments this weekend.

I am thinking Shadyside is the way to go. It seems like a great location and a resonable price.  And it would be nice to live near the other law students too. Of course I haven't seen the places in person yet. :) Any other ideas for househunting?

And anyone else out there headed to UPitt?  :)

bunny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:38:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'll be at Pitt too.  I'll be commuting so I'm not much help on where to live, but I know Shadyside is a nice/convenient area.

Is anyone else going to the Pirates game on 8/15?  One of the other students started to put something together for us on the Pitt online chat last month.

lawandethan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
Look at Apartments South of the BLVD.  Lawn Street is awesome and comes w/ River views.

HTH

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »
Good morning guys! I just got back from getting my apartment in Shadyside. It's not much to look at but it's a great price, right on the bus route and heat is included in the rent, so I just had to take it. I realized this weekend that I need to brush up on my parallel parking skills...I've never lived in a city before. :)

Thanks for the housing advice! Good luck to the other househunters.

bunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
Anyone else in section B1 too?  They sent e-mails out today.

Bliz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »
Section C2. What I really want to see are the class times, but the e-mail said those wouldn't come out until late this month. Oh well. As to living, I will probably be in the South Side Flats.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:40 AM »
I'm in section B1