Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When do waitlists move?  (Read 1005 times)

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
When do waitlists move?
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »
With all the discussions about low app numbers this cycle, and law schools going to the WL, when can we expect this to happen. Most seat deposits were due around April 15.

Any WLs moving yet? ???

John5705

• View Profile
Re: When do waitlists move?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
I suspect if they are going to have significant activity it will be around June or July, when people sort out their requests to defer and those who put down mulitple deposits withdraw from schools.  Plus, I think most schools have second deposit deadlines around June, which might also yield some movement.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »
With all the discussions about low app numbers this cycle, and law schools going to the WL, when can we expect this to happen. Most seat deposits were due around April 15.

Any WLs moving yet? ???

Some schools have already started taking people off the waitlist, but not that many. I would think that since the first deposits were due already that they would already be taking a lot more people off though. July is seems so late to me. Wouldn't less people come off the waitlist then than now?

John5705

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »

Any WLs moving yet? ???

Some schools have already started taking people off the waitlist, but not that many. I would think that since the first deposits were due already that they would already be taking a lot more people off though. July is seems so late to me. Wouldn't less people come off the waitlist then than now?

I guess it depends on the year and the school.  I always heard that most of them occur during the summer with people deferring and withdrawing, and some of my wait list letters even said that most of the spots open up a week before classes start.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »

Any WLs moving yet? ???

I guess it depends on the year and the school.  I always heard that most of them occur during the summer with people deferring and withdrawing, and some of my wait list letters even said that most of the spots open up a week before classes start.

I hear that most people get off the waitlist in mid to late summer also.  In a waitlist letter from one of my schools, it said they would not even start looking at waitlisted apps until May. And this same school started accepting people off of the waitlist 2 weeks ago. This waitlist thing is so unpredictable. There's no way to figure it out.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »
I was already taken off of two waitlists (last week and the week before).

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 03:33:23 PM »

Have you sent in LOCI's or maintained contact with the schools?

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »
I sent in one LOCI to each of the schools that I was waitlisted at. One being back in January and the other in March.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »

That's great. Congrats. If only I could be so lucky.

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 06:33:47 PM »
I sent in one LOCI to each of the schools that I was waitlisted at. One being back in January and the other in March.

Thanks for the info. By the way, Pitt is a great school...I'm from Pittsburgh if you have any questions!