Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *JUST* got into Brooklyn  (Read 5922 times)

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: *JUST* got into Brooklyn
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »
I like Clinton Hill a lot - I almost moved there - but there are some shady blocks that can quickly transition to nice blocks in a short distance - you have to consider late night walks home from the train station though.  DeKalb is nice - near Pratt is a lot of art students.

GothamBaller22

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 03:43:39 AM »
Brooklyn is a fine law school, but the truth is that Cardozo will give you a better academic experience. Despite Cardozo's negatives (closing for Jewish holidays, no campus feel etc.) Cardozo's faculty are one of the finest in the nation (around top 15, if I am correct). Indeed, many lawyers consider Brooklyn to have a more established identity and a much stronger alumni network, yet they are also aware that Cardozo's academics are more intellectually challenging than Brooklyn's and that the quality of the average student has surpassed that of Brooklyn. This is not to say that Brooklyn's top grads are not better lawyers than Cardozo's top grads - they may indeed be. But it does reflect a growing trend that Cardozo will indeed break into Tier 1 in the near future, especially if more students match the SCOTUS clerkship last year by getting Circuit Court clerkships. Having said that, Brooklyn will always be solid due to its strong alumni and international business strength. But at the end of the day, all things being equal, and putting the Jewish thing aside, Cardozo is clearly a better academic experience.

siacollegato

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 10:25:48 AM »
Brooklyn is a fine law school, but the truth is that Cardozo will give you a better academic experience. Despite Cardozo's negatives (closing for Jewish holidays, no campus feel etc.) Cardozo's faculty are one of the finest in the nation (around top 15, if I am correct). Indeed, many lawyers consider Brooklyn to have a more established identity and a much stronger alumni network, yet they are also aware that Cardozo's academics are more intellectually challenging than Brooklyn's and that the quality of the average student has surpassed that of Brooklyn. This is not to say that Brooklyn's top grads are not better lawyers than Cardozo's top grads - they may indeed be. But it does reflect a growing trend that Cardozo will indeed break into Tier 1 in the near future, especially if more students match the SCOTUS clerkship last year by getting Circuit Court clerkships. Having said that, Brooklyn will always be solid due to its strong alumni and international business strength. But at the end of the day, all things being equal, and putting the Jewish thing aside, Cardozo is clearly a better academic experience.

Get a real job dude.
In: Suffolk, Seton Hall($$)
Pending: BC, Brooklyn, Cardozo, George Mason, Ohio State, Temple
Out: Nowhere yet.
2.8/163

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 03:51:22 PM »
I'm not sure why you would consider the observance of Jewish holidays at a school associated with a Yeshiva a negative thing.  In fact, I'm sure that many of the students value and appreciate it.  I certainly wouldn't say a negative point about St. Johns is that it closes for Catholic holidays?? It sounds weird.

Especially when you end your post with this:
"But at the end of the day, all things being equal, and putting the Jewish thing aside"

Sk123

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
Got a full ride at Bklyn plus guaranteed housing for 3 yrs... I still chose Cardozo ( also with a very large scholarship as well, essentially I'll be paying 6,000 a year + housing). I agree about Cardozo being a better academic experience and feel that while Bklyn's reputation is stellar in NY, Cardozo is a school on the rise in terms of USNWR. Its only 30+ years old and its already beat out Bklyn in the rankings.

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »
Is anyone going to be living at home? I'm from NY but I've been living in ATL for the last 6 years. Now I'll be moving back home to live with my family. This should be interesting...
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect