Law School Discussion

What happens next?

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What happens next?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »
You don't even understand your own argument.  Nor was I involved in any debate with you.  It's not an ad hominem in the sense you mean.  It's simply me telling you to shut the @#!* up and grow the @#!* up.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »
You could talk to your undergrads career center? I don't know when you graduated, but I know at my school they're willing to help alumni.

You can find jobs with executive recruiting firms and help to hire lawyers? lol

It'll be ok!

If law school is something you really want and you're just bummed from rejections, maybe you need more than a year off. Give the lsat a try later on down the road?

Sorry =( This is a pretty stressful process and it seems to take a lot out of people! I Goodluck!

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 01:04:44 AM »
There was another poster earlier in the thread who agreed with me about the avatar but his post is now gone. Way to make someone delete their opinion guys. I think it's time to stop the ad hominem attacks. If you disagree then go to xoxo!  >:(

From Wikipedia:

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the person", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument by attacking or appealing to the person making the argument, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument. It is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or personally attacking an argument's proponent in an attempt to discredit that argument.

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself. The implication is that the person's argument and/or ability to argue correctly lacks authority. Merely insulting another person in the middle of otherwise rational discourse does not necessarily constitute an ad hominem fallacy. It must be clear that the purpose of the characterization is to discredit the person offering the argument, and, specifically, to invite others to discount his arguments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Are you joking??? I'm saying you are wrong because your opinion is not based in fact, not because you're a d0uchebag and everything you say is wrong for that reason alone. JFC, if you're going to go to the trouble of citing wikipedia than at least be able to read and process the information first yourself!

H5CS

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 05:19:51 AM »
tag for entertainment.

ProfessorPlum

• Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 06:10:45 AM »
tag for entertainment.

Seriously, this is awesome.

Quote from: Roman815
Sensitivity!? You are blind. When someone puts up an avatar in which they are jumping off a cliff saying "I give up" while at the same time posts about being in a bad situation then you can safely assume that the two are connected.

Wow.  Just wow.  How did you muster a 161 on the lsat?

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 06:29:02 AM »
Poor Roman's getting a little overly hammered here.  Understandably the OP seemed a little on the down side and Roman went crazy overboard.  There's no need to imply his PS was immature and the overall tone was a little condenscending (sp?).  But the one point that Roman may have been trying to make that does make sense is that there MAY be no need to chuck the whole law school idea.  Having a bad cycle is somewhat traumatic (mine was traumatic too even though it worked out in the end) but the OP may understand the application process a little better the second time around.  I understand the reluctance to do this.... I would rather amputate a toe or finger than go through applying for law school again.

It is somewhat late to find an alternate graduate program at this point for the upcoming fall.  Probably the only solution in the short term is to find a job of some sort. 

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
tag for entertainment.

what he said

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 06:53:19 AM »
The OP needs a career counselor.

If he's looking for advice outside of "Well, you should try to re-take the LSAT and reapply...", this board is the wrong place for advice.

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
Poor Roman's getting a little overly hammered here.  Understandably the OP seemed a little on the down side and Roman went crazy overboard.  There's no need to imply his PS was immature and the overall tone was a little condenscending (sp?).  But the one point that Roman may have been trying to make that does make sense is that there MAY be no need to chuck the whole law school idea.  Having a bad cycle is somewhat traumatic (mine was traumatic too even though it worked out in the end) but the OP may understand the application process a little better the second time around.  I understand the reluctance to do this.... I would rather amputate a toe or finger than go through applying for law school again.

It is somewhat late to find an alternate graduate program at this point for the upcoming fall.  Probably the only solution in the short term is to find a job of some sort. 

I dig the 'juicy'    j/k

People have a problem with people who pretend to be smarter than they really are. This guy pretends to be smarter than he really is. It's just as objectionable as a fat chick in a midriff with "Juicy" written on it or an arm-chair quarterback who constantly reminds you that "I could have made it to the NFL if it weren't for my shin splints."

Everybody who posts on this board with an air of intellectual superiority should realize one thing: there will always be a bigger dog lurking out there to hump you back to reality.

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »

People have a problem with people who pretend to be smarter than they really are. This guy pretends to be smarter than he really is. It's just as objectionable as a fat chick in a midriff with "Juicy" written on it or an arm-chair quarterback who constantly reminds you that "I could have made it to the NFL if it weren't for my shin splints."

Everybody who posts on this board with an air of intellectual superiority should realize one thing: there will always be a bigger dog lurking out there to hump you back to reality.

I have to say you humped the *&^% out of him with that 'Onion' link.

high five.