Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone reviewed their application with University of Washington?  (Read 1506 times)

Above & Beyond

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone reviewed their application with University of Washington?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 11:31:44 PM »
I did finally set up this interview and they were pretty nice, got my application out and gave me some very specific feedback. As I suspected I screwed myself with my PS. Likely will reapply next year, maybe even for the dual MBA/JD program.

If I may ask, how did you screw yourself with the PS?  Was it an issue with grammar, sentence structure, etc., or did you write on a controvertial subject matter?

alexareko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 11:50:47 PM »
Zone - I'm glad UW worked out for you. We probably have some friends in common, because I am also a Washington guy (but left for college). Yeah, unfortunately it looks like UW is out of the running.

Good luck for your tough choice. I'm sure you've heard this a million times - but there's no going wrong!

Oped - tough luck about the PS. Better luck next time!

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
I did finally set up this interview and they were pretty nice, got my application out and gave me some very specific feedback. As I suspected I screwed myself with my PS. Likely will reapply next year, maybe even for the dual MBA/JD program.

Wow that's really good to know!  I just set up a meeting.  Quick question... was your meeting with Kathy?

Thanks for the post.

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

If I may ask, how did you screw yourself with the PS?  Was it an issue with grammar, sentence structure, etc., or did you write on a controvertial subject matter?

I wrote it more fluffy and character driven rather than giving specific goals and citing my specific experiences. I originally wrote one more like what they probably wanted, but scrapped it on the advice of numerous other applicants and friends. Looking back, none of these people had yet been admitted to law school, so they probably were not the best reviewer group.

The nice woman (Kathy to answer the question immediately above) was very specific in that this is probably what kept me from getting in. I am not sure if she was actually on the adcomm, but it sounded like it.

I actually just got in to BC from the waitlist today, so I am now trying to decide if I am going to go this year, or take another year to sort my finances out and possibly try for a dual law/MBA program... Ambition sans direction, thats me.
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »
Thanks.  I met with her as well and it was a good experience.  In my case, she acknowledged that she really didn't have any clear answer for my ding, but was very nice about the whole process.

On an aside, did anyone who got dinged receive an email from the UW Financial Aid office saying that they received my aid application?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »
I was admitted and withdrew long ago but still got that email this morning.
But kirps, come to BC!
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »
I was admitted and withdrew long ago but still got that email this morning.
But kirps, come to BC!

bamf, you have already abandoned UW...don't drag other funny people with you.  UW needs students too!   :(

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
Nice to feel wanted guys, thanks. We'll see just how bad BC wants me when the Financial Aid package arrives... :-\
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url