Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone reviewed their application with University of Washington?  (Read 1507 times)

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
U-dub got elevated to one of my top choices in the middle of the cycle, but I got rejected shortly afterward. In the letter it states that you can call the admissions office after May 1 to discuss why you got dinged. Has anyone done this yet? What kind of info are they giving?
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Good question.  My guess is no one has really done it.

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If I was reapplying, I would have started pestering them at 9AM yesterday.  ;)

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think I'll call and set one up.  Why not?

alexareko

• View Profile
I agree that you should call them; but I wouldn't expect much.

It was my top choice, I got in (as well as some other...ahem...higher ranked schools) - they screwed up my residency stuff therefore screwing me for scholarship consideration and gave me the wrong tuition etc...

I had to fight them every step of the way - but I just kept telling myself that it's a great school and faculty etc but that the admin just sucks goat balls.

I've washed my hands of them at this point, they were all a bunch of jerks - but that guy Arlo in financial aid is really nice.

The rest of them were equally incompetent via phone or email.  Good luck!

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I agree that you should call them; but I wouldn't expect much.

It was my top choice, I got in (as well as some other...ahem...higher ranked schools) - they screwed up my residency stuff therefore screwing me for scholarship consideration and gave me the wrong tuition etc...

I had to fight them every step of the way - but I just kept telling myself that it's a great school and faculty etc but that the admin just sucks goat balls.

I've washed my hands of them at this point, they were all a bunch of jerks - but that guy Arlo in financial aid is really nice.

The rest of them were equally incompetent via phone or email.  Good luck!

...but is apparently out of the office for a few weeks.  :-\  I hope that's not a planned vacation...I mean, doesn't May seem like an important month for fin. aid?  Anyways, I never had anything that bad happen to my application or anything, but my reservations for the school echoed your feelings.  However, I recently filled out a visit request form thing and got a 1L student ambassador that answered all my questions quickly & fully, so my love for UW has surfaced again.  8) Where did you end up going? 

alexareko

• View Profile
I am glad that your love has resurfaced and that the student ambassador hooked you up.

UW'S students, faculty, courses, and location are all so awesome, but the admin just blows I guess. Oh well. I hope that guy Arlo didn't run into hard times.

I think I will end up at Cornell, but I'm still not quite sure.

How about you?

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I am glad that your love has resurfaced and that the student ambassador hooked you up.

UW'S students, faculty, courses, and location are all so awesome, but the admin just blows I guess. Oh well. I hope that guy Arlo didn't run into hard times.

I think I will end up at Cornell, but I'm still not quite sure.

How about you?

Yeah, I think it's just something that happens at bigger schools.  Too much stuff to do, not enough people.  I had similar feelings when I started UW as an undergrad., but once I got here, everything became smaller-scaled & worked out well.
Cornell sounds like a nice choice though...it's one school that I have never heard anything bad about.  Did you already rule out UW entirely?  :( I don't know where I'll end up...either UW or Boalt. 

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
I did finally set up this interview and they were pretty nice, got my application out and gave me some very specific feedback. As I suspected I screwed myself with my PS. Likely will reapply next year, maybe even for the dual MBA/JD program.
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

.zone.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I did finally set up this interview and they were pretty nice, got my application out and gave me some very specific feedback. As I suspected I screwed myself with my PS. Likely will reapply next year, maybe even for the dual MBA/JD program.

And with a link to your blog.  :D