Law School Discussion

stanford vs. columbia

stanford vs. columbia
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »
anyone know anything about the chances of getting into stanford off the waitlist?

if i somehow get lucky and get into stanford, thoughts on columbia (my first choice of my accepted schools) vs. stanford?

Re: stanford vs. columbia
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:52:47 PM »
Stanford is the king of all schools, law or otherwise, in my book.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »
^Agreed.  I love Stanford.  Columbia, though, is also an awesome school.  I don't know what the chances of getting in off the waitlist are, but good luck.  Either way, though, you have great options.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »
anyone know anything about the chances of getting into stanford off the waitlist?

if i somehow get lucky and get into stanford, thoughts on columbia (my first choice of my accepted schools) vs. stanford?

From what I heard, they do admit a good amount of people from the waitlist. I heard this from a current student and any basic LSN search will show you the same. I think the chances of getting in depend on if a person with a similar profile to you decides to withdraw or defer a year.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »
It seems that Columbia does better on the east coast when it comes to biglaw- but of course it's probably due to self selection.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 05:32:29 AM »
It seems that Columbia does better on the east coast when it comes to biglaw- but of course it's probably due to self selection.

exactly.

fwiw, i didn't apply to sls and wouldn't, mainly bc it's on the wrong coast.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »

exactly.

Once you go West you never go back...

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 07:59:07 AM »

exactly.

Once you go West you never go back...

nah...I'm from Brooklyn...Brooklyn ppl have too much pride to ever think something like that.