Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American Waitlist Thread  (Read 18781 times)

stephster416

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: American Waitlist Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
Waitlisted with a 166 and a 3.9...   weird considering I've gotten into Cornell, BU & Fordham. Oh well, wasn't a top choice anyway, already withdrew.
In - Cornell, Brooklyn, Cardozo ($$$), Baylor ($$$), Notre Dame ($), Washington & Lee ($$), Loyola ($)

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
^ That is truly bizarre.

"If Mars had life on it // I might find my wife on it!"
-Brian Wilson

arich24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »
So, the waitlist letter says something along the lines of emailing your admissions consellor with a LOCI (sorry I don't have the letter in front of me)...but I've heard that the correct way is to snail mail?!  Any opinions on that?

mconnett

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
I just got my WL letter as well (3.81/166) - and I'm going to drop as well. Of the 3 schools that I haven't gotten into yet (Michigan, Vandy, American), I have been waitlisted everytime. This makes me wonder how large the wait-list pools are for each school. Does anyone have a sense of that? (A person I spoke with at Vanderbilt said the wait-list pool was a few hundred, or roughly the size of the entering class.)

ahsidib

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 12:15:47 PM »
I emailed my LOCI to my admissions counselor (somewhere on the website it lists the counselor by alphabetical order)

I got a response within an hour from him saying he would forward it to the adcomm.

Amistad

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
In the words of some other clever LSDer

I wipe my ass with waitlists. And American's too.
3.64/166

brochill17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 12:50:22 AM »
Waitlisted with a 166 and a 3.9...   weird considering I've gotten into Cornell, BU & Fordham. Oh well, wasn't a top choice anyway, already withdrew.

I had a weird waitlist too, was wondering what the deal was- I have a 3.8 and 169, accepted at Columbia, Boalt, Georegtown,  and UCLA so I don't think it was problem with the application....but not good enough for American? Didn't want to go there but thought it was odd to be wl'ed

arich24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »
After ALOT of deliberation, I withdrew...just now from the waitlist.  American is just TOO expensive for me to enjoy a good/healthy quality of life...especially when schools of equal international law status have taken me with $$.  Good luck to all..start scrounging up your pennies:)

logflume

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »
reading all of these posts, the waitlisting process at WCL seems really arbitrary.  prior to taking the LSAT, american was the school i was most interested in.  then i got my lsat score back and only got a 156 :(  couple that with a sub-3.0 gpa and i wasn't even going to apply.  my GF nagged me into it, saying "you never know".  the only reason i can think i was even waitlisted is that i am a non-trad with 13 years of work experience and an interesting story to tell.  but still.

anyhow, sent in two email LOCIs - one right after getting my letter, another one on 4/1, the day after the app deadline.  i'm visiting on 4/14 and will follow up with another written LOCI after my visit.  plus, i am submitting another LOR.  i hope all of these things help.  they must have liked something about me as an applicant to even waitlist me with such terrible #s (i'm not a URM if anyone was wondering.)  wish me luck!  and best of luck to the rest of you!  hopefully i'll see some of you in the fall

snowpeach06

• AOL Instant Messenger - angelcat06
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
Bump.

I got waitlisted at American and would love to go. I'm planning on visiting, but does anyone know if I should just write my LOCI now, after I visit, or both? How do I walk the line of showing my interest without being annoying about it?