Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American Waitlist Thread  (Read 18961 times)

gator005

• View Profile
Re: American Waitlist Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 10:01:38 AM »
SilentSwirl, that's great. I'm sure it's exciting finally knowing where you're headed. American is a really great school and I really believe it's ranking doesn't do it justice. I hope I have the opportunity to attend!

I just viewed all your pictures. Thank you so much for covering everything in those pictures! I visited in April and was able to see some of the school but not much of the surrounding area.  :)

I tried to get a feel for the best area to live while I visited but my tour guide named about a dozen places. Do you know where you'll be living? Other than the apartment building which no one seems to like, is there housing in walking distance of the law school?

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
Thanks SilentSwirl!  Your comments are always helpful and well-appreciated!  **Fingers Crossed** I'll see ya in August!

I also put my pics (pretty much the same as Silent's) and impressions of WCL up:  http://onelelle.blogspot.com/2007/04/american-university-wcl.html.

Gator, I didn't check out the housing around the law school too closely, but I spent some time looking at places in Dupont (on the red line and/or the N bus route), there are some really cute places (reasonably-expensive).  I also looked around Georgetown (on the 30's bus routes to Tenleytown) and Foggy Bottom, but they were close-to-too pricey for a 1BR, maybe cheaper for a shared place.  The 3L that I spoke to mentioned that renting a house with 4 or 5 people close to the law school is common.

Over here:  http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,83204.0.html (I think this is where I saw it), some folks are talking about getting a group house organized.

Bonne Chance!

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 08:36:04 PM »
Thanks SilentSwirl!  Your comments are always helpful and well-appreciated!  **Fingers Crossed** I'll see ya in August!

I also put my pics (pretty much the same as Silent's) and impressions of WCL up:  http://onelelle.blogspot.com/2007/04/american-university-wcl.html.

Gator, I didn't check out the housing around the law school too closely, but I spent some time looking at places in Dupont (on the red line and/or the N bus route), there are some really cute places (reasonably-expensive).  I also looked around Georgetown (on the 30's bus routes to Tenleytown) and Foggy Bottom, but they were close-to-too pricey for a 1BR, maybe cheaper for a shared place.  The 3L that I spoke to mentioned that renting a house with 4 or 5 people close to the law school is common.

Over here:  http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,83204.0.html (I think this is where I saw it), some folks are talking about getting a group house organized.

Bonne Chance!

ParisChic, thanks for the info! The pictures are great. How long do you think you'll wait out for American? I visited Loyola Chicago back in December and it seems like a really nice place.

I want to wait out for American but I have no idea what I'll do with housing if I get in a week before classes begin. I think I'm going to have to set a deadline for hearing back from waitlists.

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 09:30:24 PM »
Thanks Gator!  I think I'll wait it out until the last week of July, first week of August at the latest, since that's the soonest I'll be able to get to Chicago to sign a lease in person.  I've learned from experience to not worry about finding housing whereever I move.  I found an apartment in NYC in 1 day, I moved to Paris with no place to live and found an amazing place, in the best location, in 1 hour.  DC is a big city, there are tons of places out there if you're not too picky, if I have to I'll sublet for a while. 

What other schools are everyone waiting on/deciding between?  I put in a deposit at Loyola b/c even though I haven't visited, I have a lot of friends in Chicago.  I'm still waiting to hear from Brooklyn, Cardozo, Maryland and Boulder.

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 02:57:21 AM »
Thanks Gator!  I think I'll wait it out until the last week of July, first week of August at the latest, since that's the soonest I'll be able to get to Chicago to sign a lease in person.  I've learned from experience to not worry about finding housing whereever I move.  I found an apartment in NYC in 1 day, I moved to Paris with no place to live and found an amazing place, in the best location, in 1 hour.  DC is a big city, there are tons of places out there if you're not too picky, if I have to I'll sublet for a while. 

What other schools are everyone waiting on/deciding between?  I put in a deposit at Loyola b/c even though I haven't visited, I have a lot of friends in Chicago.  I'm still waiting to hear from Brooklyn, Cardozo, Maryland and Boulder.
[/quote

i've been waitlisted from american.  still have to hear from cardozo.  but, i did get into loyola and i was just in chicago for their admit day on 4/20.  i loved the school, location, and chicago itself.  i also have tons of friends there and it's definitely in my top 3 at this point.  i still havent decided where i want to end up though.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »
As far as housing goes in DC -- just be aware that August is famous for being THE toughest time of the year to find housing here, because of all the colleges, etc.  Rents go way up that month, so be prepared to pay $$$$ to find somewhere.

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear from BU and case western. I'm also on villanova's waitlist but American is my first choice if I don't get into BU (which is a longshot).

ilegally blonde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 03:50:41 PM »
Any word? The website was updated saying that they are making limited calls in July.

I've been waitlisted since Feb. Does anyone know how the waitlist is ranked, or if the date of your being waitlisted affects your ranking spot on the list?

OhWhatFun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
I saw that they were "considering a limited amount of people for July..."  But I haven't heard anything from them.

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 11:03:35 PM »
Wanted to bump this up for those waitlisted for this cycle