Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American Waitlist Thread  (Read 18070 times)

ktok

• View Profile
American Waitlist Thread
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
Did any one get off the waiting list?

button

• View Profile
Re: American Waitlist Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
I have been on the list since 2-14... no word here.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:49:16 AM »
Yes, I got off the waitlist by withdrawing my application. In all seriousness, I do think that they will be pulling many people off the waitlist in the summer. Good luck to you!
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »
american was my top-choice, but having been waitlisted, i've already moved on.  i sent in the waitlist sheet, but i'm not too hopeful in getting accepted.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
I'm really hoping to get off the waitlist but I haven't heard anything yet. I heard somewhere that American waitlists a lot of people but I would think they would need to rely on it given that they give little aid and it seems to be a safety/target school for lots of people.

sarahlina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »
tag

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »
I'm on the waitlist and keeping my fingers crossed for a few more weeks before I give up.

Good Luck to everyone!

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 06:15:50 PM »
When I was visiting a couple of weeks ago, Brooke said that when they start looking to take people off the waitlist, especially once it starts to get later in the summer, they are looking for people they know will accept the offer. That is to say, the more in touch you stay with the admissions office, and if you are contacting them every couple of weeks or so to give an update or express your continued interest. Also, she said that if you are really wanting to get off the WL, and you have a way to get yourself to DC even at the last minute, you should tell them that. If a chance spot opens up, they will call you first because they know you will be able to make it.

Also, she said that they couldnt say for sure when they would go to the WL, but that they would. And that it could start as soon as "in two weeks," which would be this week.

Maybe none of this is new or helpful, but now that I've typed it, I'm clicking post. haha.

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 11:36:29 PM »
When I was visiting a couple of weeks ago, Brooke said that when they start looking to take people off the waitlist, especially once it starts to get later in the summer, they are looking for people they know will accept the offer. That is to say, the more in touch you stay with the admissions office, and if you are contacting them every couple of weeks or so to give an update or express your continued interest. Also, she said that if you are really wanting to get off the WL, and you have a way to get yourself to DC even at the last minute, you should tell them that. If a chance spot opens up, they will call you first because they know you will be able to make it.

Also, she said that they couldnt say for sure when they would go to the WL, but that they would. And that it could start as soon as "in two weeks," which would be this week.

Maybe none of this is new or helpful, but now that I've typed it, I'm clicking post. haha.

very helpful...thanks so much! I've seen you post a lot about American and the information has always been great. Are you definitely going to American?

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 02:21:08 AM »

very helpful...thanks so much! I've seen you post a lot about American and the information has always been great. Are you definitely going to American?

Thanks, I'm glad someone's benefitting from my typings! I keep making all sorts of plans as if I've decided to really go there (housing deposit, seat deposit, plans to move, telling my friends to come visit... lol), so my heart is definitely in it, even if my brain is lacking behind a little. I'm like 99% sure :)

I don't know if you've seen these, but here are the pictures I took while visiting:

http://gallery.faucet.net/AmericanWCL