Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide  (Read 32775 times)

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2007, 12:16:05 PM »
No kidding. Yeah, I'm really curious to know how many people have been called already vs. how many people have been subsequently offered admission. The thing is, though, because the phone interview is so brief - literally two minutes, according to the posters above - I can't imagine that provides Toby with any additional information short of how interested the applicant is in attending. (Although that might be all they are checking for at this time. Who knows.)

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »
The first two questions make sense at this point in the application process. It's the third one that I'm trying to figure out. I mean, there are many people that think they know what they want to do going into law school only to change their mind a year later, which I'm sure they are aware of. Hmm.

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
The first two questions make sense at this point in the application process. It's the third one that I'm trying to figure out. I mean, there are many people that think they know what they want to do going into law school only to change their mind a year later, which I'm sure they are aware of. Hmm.

Maybe it's just to see if you have a coherent answer with a few reasons.
Columbia Law School 2010

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »
That's true. I do recall that the application had an optional section that asked you to list any strong interests in specific areas of law.

lyquidmyrrrh

• AOL Instant Messenger - lyquidmyrrrh
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2007, 01:11:22 PM »
this system has to wreak havoc on Columbia's yield.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
Yeah, I did e-mail him, and we chatted.  The "interview" was really an interview in name only...don't know if that's good or bad.  Mike, what were your HLS impressions?  Haha

I liked Harvard a lot. :)  The school has a "big city feel" (to steal Dean Kagan's words) and it has its own law school campus, which is quite nice.  Classes weren't too big, people were generally nice, professors seemed really down to earth, and of course, the intellectual and professional opportunities are pretty much limitless.  I didn't get the sense that HLS students were quite as happy as the students at Y/S or Columbia, but I think, all things considered, Harvard is a great opportunity.  So are you gonna accept it when TStock calls again???
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
Yeah, I did e-mail him, and we chatted.  The "interview" was really an interview in name only...don't know if that's good or bad.  Mike, what were your HLS impressions?  Haha

I liked Harvard a lot. :)  The school has a "big city feel" (to steal Dean Kagan's words) and it has its own law school campus, which is quite nice.  Classes weren't too big, people were generally nice, professors seemed really down to earth, and of course, the intellectual and professional opportunities are pretty much limitless.  I didn't get the sense that HLS students were quite as happy as the students at Y/S or Columbia, but I think, all things considered, Harvard is a great opportunity.  So are you gonna accept it when TStock calls again???

yay @ the fact that you think CLS students are generally happy  :)
Columbia 3L

stjobs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »
I'm in!
HLS 2010

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile