Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide  (Read 32763 times)

mbgriffith1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »
Just talked to Dean Stock.  It was rather anticlimactic.  Phone call lasted about a minute and he asked me what kind of law I wanted to practice and how likely it was that I'd come if offered admission.

Sounds about right. And to all of you still waiting, don't worry because I'm sure you sounded more intelligent than I did. The only thing I did that *might* have helped my case was sending a short thank you email and expressing my interest in visiting the school. Who knows, maybe that's a stupid idea and he just deleted it, I don't know.

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »
Just talked to Dean Stock.  It was rather anticlimactic.  Phone call lasted about a minute and he asked me what kind of law I wanted to practice and how likely it was that I'd come if offered admission.

(I've gotta stop feverishly following this thread.)

Saja, how long between the e-mail and the call?

Saja

• Sr. Citizen
  • Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2007, 05:56:29 PM »

E-mail yesterday afternoon.  (I actually checked when I saw your post that you got an e-mail, because it's my school e-mail that I don't check as regularly.)  I said I'd be free today after 3.  He called before 3 and I missed it, and then again just now.

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Thanks.

Ack. Makes me freak out about not getting a call today, even though it's already past the time I told him I'll be available. Then again, I had to give a really limited time window (1 hour, ugh) because of work.

This is not helping my nerves at all.  :-\

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2007, 06:20:12 PM »

E-mail yesterday afternoon.  (I actually checked when I saw your post that you got an e-mail, because it's my school e-mail that I don't check as regularly.)  I said I'd be free today after 3.  He called before 3 and I missed it, and then again just now.

Good luck on your interview, Saja!  Back in November, a few people missed Toby Stock's call and then just called him back with caller ID, so you might want to try that?
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

Saja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »

Good luck on your interview, Saja!  Back in November, a few people missed Toby Stock's call and then just called him back with caller ID, so you might want to try that?

Yeah, I did e-mail him, and we chatted.  The "interview" was really an interview in name only...don't know if that's good or bad.  Mike, what were your HLS impressions?  Haha

Saja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
Thanks.

Ack. Makes me freak out about not getting a call today, even though it's already past the time I told him I'll be available. Then again, I had to give a really limited time window (1 hour, ugh) because of work.

It's annoying to have it hanging over you, but I'm sure he'll call tomorrow, if not today.:)  You could always send him and e-mail saying that you're available and your number, and he might call you right away, never know.

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
Thanks.

It's annoying to have it hanging over you, but I'm sure he'll call tomorrow, if not today.:)  You could always send him and e-mail saying that you're available and your number, and he might call you right away, never know.

From your mouth to Mr. Stock's ears.

I think I'll wait till tomorrow and if I don't hear by then, I'll shoot him another quick e-mail. I really don't want this hanging over me all weekend.

Sooner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2007, 10:09:45 AM »
I think I'll wait till tomorrow and if I don't hear by then, I'll shoot him another quick e-mail. I really don't want this hanging over me all weekend.

Wow, I think you'll be answering his question in advance...maybe no phone call will be necessary.

Yeah, you have a little interest in HLS...

The University of Chicago
The Law School

Ersatz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »

Yeah, you have a little interest in HLS...

Yeah, you could say that.