Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide  (Read 33224 times)

ArthurKing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The official Harvard waitlist thread - now with 20% less fratricide
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
numberes are low 170's, 3.9x...still grasping at anonymity, though it's probably unnecessary now, if you are interested in specifics, pm me

hope you are right about the odds being good, seems like it would be cruel to make me consider changing my plans and then not let me in :)

Those numbers are actually good enough for my purposes, and I can't imagine they'll hurt your anonymity any. Just curious as to whether or not they are sticking to last years plan of lowish LSAT high GPA for their WL-->Admits.

Let's hope not ... ! (exclusively at least)

rpritchie

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »
anyone on the harvard waitlist get the phone call email today?? I recieved my waitlist letter Friday and the phone call email today. Weird.

I think it is weird how quick that turnaround was, but it almost certainly means you'll be admitted...]

Ack, and he can't even spell 'numbers' right, I'm quite jealous.

PS- FYI, as to confirms on the wait lists forms from an earlier post, they don't send them. I got anxious and emailed them about it and they confirmed that way.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »
I called today and asked about taking the June LSAT.  They said that it wouldn't help at all, and almost all decisions are made by then anyway.  Has anyone heard anything different from the admissions office?

Thanks for asking.  I will quit thinking about it.

No problem...it's making me really regret not retaking in December or February.  December would have been tough with sending applications and taking finals, but there was no excuse not to retake in Feb.  I have relatively mediocre LSAT and low GPA, so I have almost no chance of getting in off the waitlist.  Oh well, there's always transferring, or maybe just being happy with the school I'm going to.  Good luck Hank!

If your GPA is "low", I'm really screwed.
UPenn '10

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »
Yeah bosco--you and I have similar numbers.  It will be interesting to see what happens...
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

treppenwitz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2007, 07:17:43 PM »
anyone on the harvard waitlist get the phone call email today?? I recieved my waitlist letter Friday and the phone call email today. Weird.

I got it too.

Pink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »

I got it too.

wait, your LSN says you were already interviewed. Toby wants to interview you again??
HLS '10

treppenwitz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2007, 07:20:58 PM »
I guess so.  I'm looking at it as though he's giving me a chance to redeem myself :D.  I'll take it.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »
I guess so.  I'm looking at it as though he's giving me a chance to redeem myself :D.  I'll take it.

Weird. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

BillyMumphrey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2007, 08:04:12 PM »
They did this last year... he calls again regardless of whether you had the first interview and basically just makes sure you're still interested before making an offer. So, if you got this, congratulations. You're almost certainly in.

But, if, like me, you didn't, then you missed the first wave of WL admits and probably just saw your chances of admission fall by half. I hate to say that, but if this is going to be anything like last year its true.

rpritchie

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2007, 08:11:32 PM »

I got it too.

Also notice on his LSN page that I predicted this 3 months ago (have to cheer myself up somehow after not getting one of these emails)... He used to have his numbers up and, although I forget them, they are far better than anyone who hasn't gotten in since the advent of LSN.

I'm starting to feel foolish continuing to be optimistic as I have to move down each rung of this process... but let's go WL round 2, it's going to be a winner.

Also did you who've gotten the emails send in LOCIs or any other additional material with your WL response forms.