Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra University Class of 2010  (Read 976 times)

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hofstra University Class of 2010
« on: May 01, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »
Anybody? 
Hofstra '10

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Hofstra University Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
Congrats on picking Hofstra.   

I was waitlisted there so I guess there is a chance in hell that I could be your classmate.

Best of luck to you.

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »
Anybody? 

I'd say you made the right choice, congrats! And who knows, maybe Case will hook some of us up..

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:12:59 PM »
Thanks a lot fellas.  :)

Hopefully I'm not the only person attending this fall.
Hofstra '10

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »
My decision came down to Hofstra or Penn State Dickinson and finally I decided on Dickinson. Was a very tough choice turning down $30G per year in scholarships. Good luck to those who choose Hofstra though.

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »
I got an email inviting me to apply to Hofstra...I have extra LSAC reports that I didn't use, and they offered a fee waiver.  My question is, did you all get a free T shirt?  I think it would be worth the 5 mins for a free T shirt, assuming I get in.

I got a shirt and my numbers are way worse than yours. Its an grey XL with Hofstra Law across the right (im a moron) breast. Eh, not a bad shirt.

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »
I got an email inviting me to apply to Hofstra...I have extra LSAC reports that I didn't use, and they offered a fee waiver.  My question is, did you all get a free T shirt?  I think it would be worth the 5 mins for a free T shirt, assuming I get in.

I got a shirt and my numbers are way worse than yours. Its an grey XL with Hofstra Law across the right breast. Eh, not a bad shirt.

Good workout shirt.  Mine, however, has the text accross the left breast. 

And regarding the PSU Dickinson choice up there...that's the right choice.  Good luck!  ;)
Hofstra '10

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »
haha, thanks for the info about the T-shirt....I was gonna do it, but then I realized that might be problematic considering I've signed statements saying I've withdrawn from all other schools and will not apply to any other schools.

By the way I lived 5 mins from Hofstra for the first 18 years of my life, and my brother went there for undergrad and grad school, and I use their gym when I'm home for summers.  If anyone has any questions about the area, bars, etc, I can try to answer them.

I will take you up on those questions as I approach closer to certainty, but I will ask you now to discuss the issue of the "apply-for-the-free-shirt-move" with the school(s) you've committed to/have not received a decision from/told to keep you on the waitlist.  How can they not allow it?  And if they don't, you probably shouldn't go there.
Hofstra '10

UFBGD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »
Softfactors-- I too am contemplating a big move like you, Gainesville to Iowa, and ur going from Miami to NY... how scared are we!!  We need to get winter clothes!!  Keep us all posted on your situation.

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 12:42:05 PM »
There must be someone out there / Bump
Hofstra '10