Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Am I supposed to do anything else?  (Read 727 times)

ithappensforareason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Am I supposed to do anything else?
« on: May 01, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »
So I have been accepted to 4 out of the 5 law schools I applied to and I have made a decision on which one I will be attending.

I filled out my fafsa, filled out the corrected fasfa and now I am wondering whats next for financial aid?

Am I supposed to contact people for loans or will they contact me?

I have not heard anything back from fasfa since filling out my renewal.

I know its best to go with federal loans and exhaust those before going with private loans.
I am just a bit worried as I have not heard anything from the federal loans.

When will I begin hearing back for loans?  I start school in the fall. Thanks everyone

lifewasted

• View Profile
Re: Am I supposed to do anything else?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »
a few weeks after i was accepted, i received a letter from the financial aid office indicating what amounts i was awarded for subsidized and unsubsidized stafford loans.  then, i was directed to the school's website and was told how to proceed.  i was told i may apply for the federalplus loans, if necessary, beginning june 1.

depending on when you completed the fafsa and when you were accepted, i would contact the financial aid office at which ever school you decide to attend.

that's the best i got.

dcforlife

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Am I supposed to do anything else?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
I'd check with the school. I wasn't clear on the process, so I just went ahead and applied for loans in the amounts I wanted. Apparently I was supposed to wait until May 15th, but I didn't know that. It doesn't appear to have hurt anything.