Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do I say this formally?  (Read 2116 times)

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How do I say this formally?
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »
How do I say that I would be there for sure if they admit me? I am writing a letter right now and would appreciate the help! thanks

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Re: How do I say this formally?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »
How do I say that I would be there for sure if they admit me? I am writing a letter right now and would appreciate the help! thanks

pull from wl = my first born.
Princeton Law 2010

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
hm...maybe:

I am excited about the possibility of attending [school].  Your institution is my first choice, and if offered admission, I would enthusiastically join [school] class of 2010.

not perfect, but maybe it'll jog your brain...
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:21:58 PM »
hmm..ok, thanks. good idea!

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »
Tell them WHY they are your 1st pick. You could say something like

"Dear Mr. Law School Dean,

During the months following the submission of my application, I have been doing additional research on the law schools to which I applied. The purpose of this letter is to share with you the reasons why I have come to the conclusion that the University of --- is my number one choice law school and why I would be an exceptional addition to the University’s student body."

If you need ideas on programs, go to their website. Be careful promising attendance though, unless you are absolutely sure you mean it.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »
If you need ideas on programs, go to their website. Be careful promising attendance though, unless you are absolutely sure you mean it.

Why? It's not like a LOCI is a binding contract.

norman1l

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »
I think you need a powerful sentence vs. a paragraph.  Consider: ”If I am offered admissions at the University of -------- I will accept immediately without reservations."  I think if you put this in italics, so it stands out in the letter, it will help.  I used this to get off a waitlist, and it worked...

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 12:47:56 PM »

I have a friend (hhm hhm) who, along with a seat deposit, signed a little postcard saying she'll attend in the fall (+ saying she'll accept a scholarship).  Can the school fret if she goes elsewhere?
Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »

I have a friend (hhm hhm) who, along with a seat deposit, signed a little postcard saying she'll attend in the fall (+ saying she'll accept a scholarship).  Can the school fret if she goes elsewhere?

No, I just think it's rude. (Totally my opinion though). I don't promise something unless I mean it-- no matter to whom.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

beeker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »

I think they could, but they all just choose not to....I mean if you sign something saying you'll go, you'll accept a scholarship, and you'll withdraw from all other schools....and you don't follow through, I bet technically a school could make a stink about it.  Will they?  Almost certainly not, since people seem to do it often, or at least a few a year.