Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UT and UH Waitlisted...When Will I know If I'm In?  (Read 499 times)

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
UT and UH Waitlisted...When Will I know If I'm In?
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:52:59 AM »
Hey everyone. Well I have been placed on both the UT and UH waitlist for the fall entering class. I sent out a letter of continued interest to both schools last week in hopes of helping my chances of getting offered a seat. Does anyone know how soon or how late I am likely to find out whether or not I will be offered a seat? I am currently pursuing my seat at TX Tech in case I don't get admitted to UH or UT, but I just wanted to send this out there in case anyone may have any information to share regarding wait lists. Feel free to comment. Thanks!
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: UT and UH Waitlisted...When Will I know If I'm In?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:42:21 AM »
With most wait lists if you haven't been called by the time the 2nd or 3rd day of class rolls around, you can assume you never will be. I don't think there's a notification system if you're NOT being pulled off. You just sit and wait. It sucketh.

I will say that what I've heard from people in admissions is that the closer it gets to the time school starts, particularly as it gets later and later in the summer, when they start having to go to the waitlist they are looking for people they know will say yes. So that if you've continued to keep in touch with them, and have told them repeatedly that you will up and move from wherever you are just for a chance to be at their school, they are more likely to call you instead of someone else. I've also heard them say it helps if you have family in the area or are from the area because you have a place to stay if it's really down to the wire.

Good luck!

chlorinated

• View Profile
Re: UT and UH Waitlisted...When Will I know If I'm In?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »
My friend was waitlisted at UT in 2005.  Two weeks before UT's classes began, they contacted him to let him know that they were not taking any more people off the waitlist.
Tulane Class of 2010?