Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bilinguals in law school  (Read 3866 times)

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bilinguals in law school
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »
The army taught me fluent french (Defense Language Institute, and SF Language School).  I'll only use it for my international business activities though... or, better, for picking up chicks...

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 03:46:37 AM »
The army taught me fluent french (Defense Language Institute, and SF Language School).  I'll only use it for my international business activities though... or, better, for picking up chicks...

I <3 boys who speak to me in French or Italian. :)

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 10:05:40 AM »

IMO Portuguese is definitely the sexiest of the Romance languages.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 12:44:32 AM »

IMO Portuguese is definitely the sexiest of the Romance languages.

I haven't had too much exposure to it. To me it sounds like someone got lazy about pronouncing their spanish or their italian lol ... but maybe that will change once I learn it.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 10:12:10 AM »

;)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
I speak Spanish fluently. Does anyone know if there is a lot of demand for attorney's in business law-especially with companies in the US/Latin America?  I know that being bilingual in English/Spanish probably isn't that special anymore.  What about immigration law maybe?

pamar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »
hi,

I will be applying this fall. i can speak 5 languages and am very interested in international law myself since I was raised abroad.  I hope i can get into American WCL to do the 2 years at American - 2Years in Paris dual degree like the one in Spain.

btw, o portugues e a lingua romance a mais bela!

portuguese is the most beautiful sounding romance language!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »
Portuguese only sounds good coming from Brazilians.  People from Portugal sound angry and speak like they have rocks in their mouths. 

Personally, I'm partial to the Germanic languages. 

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »
Portuguese only sounds good coming from Brazilians.  People from Portugal sound angry and speak like they have rocks in their mouths

I'm a Spanish/English speaker, and would LOVE to learn Portuguese- it's the next language on my list. A friend from college was half Brazilian and half Colombian, spoke both languages fluently and always said that Portuguese is like Spanish with a potato in your mouth.  ;D

pamar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »
Portuguese only sounds good coming from Brazilians.  People from Portugal sound angry and speak like they have rocks in their mouths

I'm a Spanish/English speaker, and would LOVE to learn Portuguese- it's the next language on my list. A friend from college was half Brazilian and half Colombian, spoke both languages fluently and always said that Portuguese is like Spanish with a potato in your mouth.  ;D

haaa! i had never thought about it that way, but there are lots of nasal sounds to it!!  I hope I can do some study abroad at whatever law school I end up in.