Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!  (Read 7879 times)

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
thanks for the info.  very helpful.  Can you submit your name to the lottery via email or fax?  Or do you have to do it in person?  When is the deadline to be considered?
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

AtlAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 12:23:27 AM »
Actually, you enter the lottery online through the site I posted a link to in my previous post. It's under the "M Deck Key Dates" link on the left. It's currently out of date, though, it's still showing the lottery for last Spring. It should be updated closer to the start of school. Note that to enter the lottery you have to register your car, which is free, and which you also do online.

I don't know if they accept lottery entries any other way (phone, fax, etc.), but I'm sure you can call the parking office and ask.

You're welcome for the info, btw. Glad to help  :)

clee750

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »
Hey, I was wondering something. When I look at my schedule online I only have four classes. I dont have an assigned Research and Writing class or Legal Biography. Is everyone else like this.

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I've got it on my schedule.  Check GOSOLAR again and if its not there, then you may want to call somebody.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »

I went down to the campus today and got books. 

It cost $775 but they were out of one book. (Said it would be in stock next week.) The staff in the book store looked up my section and started hauling stuff to the counter.  They were very helpful.

Fed financial aid doesn't come in until around the third week in August, so books were out of pocket.  I wrote checks today for more than Carmax offered me for the Jeep.

The 'M' deck parking is first-come, first-served this year.  They start selling passes for $200 for the school year tomorrow morning at 8:30.  I don't know my way around, but M deck looks like a pretty good location relative to the Law School, and its $200 for unlimited entrances instead of paying $3.50 each time you park.

Wow is it hot out there today! 

See y'all on Monday!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »
are they planning on doing anything about the traffic up there?  more hwys?  better mass transit?

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »
Traffic's only bad if you don't know your way around, or choose to live in a bad spot.

There's plenty of pavement.  I-75 is the widest highway in the U.S. at 15 lanes.  THey are expanding it to 26 lanes. 

The trick is to find a good route, a good time of day, and know which lane to use.  and remember that the further out you live, the less your housing costs and the more time you spend in traffic.

Yesterday I went from my house in Smyrna to GSU (15.2 miles) in 25 minutes during morning rush hour. Traffic really wasn't a factor.  I couldn't do much better without running red lights no matter what time of day.

MARTA will always be handicapped by Atlanta Metro's sheer size.  Its a big place and everything is too spread out.  There's just too much area to be efficiently served by public transportation. Manhattan = 23 square miles/Atlanta ITP = 310 square miles.

adamn321

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2007, 11:55:46 PM »
How is everyone dressing for the first day?  There will be facebook photos and a group pic and all that. Are ya'll going casual or are you thinking shirt and tie and all of that?  Should I try to coordinate some outfit?

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 09:35:53 AM »
Navygirl,

this should answer your questions to some extent.

http://www.gsu.edu/es/residency_requirements.html

that does not look promising at all

it seems to say if you go there and go to school ft you wont get instate!  >:(  thatd be a deal breaker for me...