Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!  (Read 8030 times)

Festus

• View Profile
Re: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2007, 01:06:28 PM »
Has anybody received their section assignments yet?

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 01:16:29 PM »
Has anybody received their section assignments yet?

Wow, I was just about to answer this question without being asked and you went and posted the Question.

Received an email from the admission office confirming that they have received my transcript and the immunization record and that my section assignment "correspondence regarding registration and orientation" will go out in the mail by end of the week, which is today.

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 01:26:46 PM »
Hey Slick, 

I thought you were a GSU alumn and they already had your stuff(transcript/immunization).  Do you think they sent a blanket confirmation email anyway (I didn't get one.) or did you have to do something extra that triggered the confirmation?

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
Hey Slick, 

I thought you were a GSU alumn and they already had your stuff(transcript/immunization).  Do you think they sent a blanket confirmation email anyway (I didn't get one.) or did you have to do something extra that triggered the confirmation?

Immunization was not really an issue but I was told to submit official sealed Transcript (ABA requirement or something) so I requested that it be sent from GSU registrar's office to the GSU law school.  Supposedly law school never received my trascript from the registrar's office which is located in a building across the street from the law school.  I found this out because on late May, I emailed one of the admission officer to confirm receipt of my transcript I sent in back in April, and I was told no and had to re-send in my trascript.

I think the email was directed to me because law school and I went back and forth on this issue few times.

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 03:26:21 PM »
Well,  It is an awfully busy street....

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 04:30:51 PM »
Slick--

did you get anything in the mail yet about the sections?  You were supposed to get it this week, right?

I sent out my transcript--they haven't said whether or not they've received it, and I can't get my immunization stuff done until the first week of July--but I'm physically going there to do that.  Hopefully I'll know my section before school starts  :-\
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
Slick--

did you get anything in the mail yet about the sections?  You were supposed to get it this week, right?

I sent out my transcript--they haven't said whether or not they've received it, and I can't get my immunization stuff done until the first week of July--but I'm physically going there to do that.  Hopefully I'll know my section before school starts  :-\

Nothing yet.  Then again, I was told that GSU will mail something out by end of the week, meaning that I will get something in my mail box within 3 to 5 days or whatever the transit time for the 1st class mail.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2007, 10:05:21 AM »
Received a package from GSU yesterday.  I thought it would be the section assignment but no, I was wrong.

I received a postage paid postcard to be return to GSU, and this postcard is to re-affirm to the lawschool that I still plan to attend GSU.  (need to check one of three boxes - attending, no, and undecided).

Also enclosed was a letter stating that the email will be sent out regarding the fee and schedule, and that the orientation information will be online by 6/15.  also, 1st day of class is 8/13.

hbergnes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 07:59:37 PM »
yes the macbooks work....and yes there are some scantron multiple choice sections on certain exams.  again...GL.  Let me know if you anyone else is looking for some very gently used books. 

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
Received a package from GSU yesterday.  I thought it would be the section assignment but no, I was wrong.

I received a postage paid postcard to be return to GSU, and this postcard is to re-affirm to the lawschool that I still plan to attend GSU.  (need to check one of three boxes - attending, no, and undecided).

Also enclosed was a letter stating that the email will be sent out regarding the fee and schedule, and that the orientation information will be online by 6/15.  also, 1st day of class is 8/13.

I recieved tha same letter and postcard Tuesday (6/19).  It said that it was due back to them Monday 6/18!  I walked my response in this morning.  It was a little frustrating after they told me on the phone in May that I was taken care of and would be receiving schedule info next.  This morning I was told that schedule info would be out by 7/1.