Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!  (Read 7734 times)

clee750

• View Profile
Re: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »
Anyone been placed into a section yet.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 10:24:52 PM »
Anyone been placed into a section yet.

When I called GSU around mid May, I've been told that I was to be informed regarding my section via postal mail by end of May.  I've got nothing yet.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 11:21:50 AM »
tag
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

hbergnes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 11:39:18 AM »
Hello All...am a 2L at GSU, there is no laptop requirement...its purely optional.  Certain profs don't like them, a few don't allow them, but most of them are fine with it.  And unless things are going to change, exams are offered on laptop and handwritten.  So, it's a preference issue.  However, the building and campus are wireless and they definitely come in handy.  GL!

clee750

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »
Hey thanks for posting. Do you know if the new macbooks will work with the exam software. Did they allow macs this last year.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
Hello All...am a 2L at GSU, there is no laptop requirement...its purely optional.  Certain profs don't like them, a few don't allow them, but most of them are fine with it.  And unless things are going to change, exams are offered on laptop and handwritten.  So, it's a preference issue.  However, the building and campus are wireless and they definitely come in handy.  GL!

Oh S#!t, my handwriging is not really legible.  I have not handwritten an exam in years (other than scantron).  And there are no law school exam that uses scantron as the answer sheet right?

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 01:19:30 PM »
Good to know about the requirements...I decided not to get the lenovo over the weekend, but I'm not worried anymore--now they are having a father's day sale which is the exact same as the memorial day one. 

Has anyone received a housing packet from Georgia State yet?  I know they were supposed to mail one out, but I haven't gotten anything.  I'm going down the beginning of July to hopefully find an apartment--I think being close to a MARTA station is my best bet. 

Oh--and if there are any Dave Matthews Band fans going to Georgia State (or any other school in Atlanta for that matter)--they are putting on a HUGE benefit concert in Piedmont Park with the Allman Brothers Band on Sept. 8th.  Tickets are $45, and go on sale to the public soon.  :D :D
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
Good to know about the requirements...I decided not to get the lenovo over the weekend, but I'm not worried anymore--now they are having a father's day sale which is the exact same as the memorial day one. 

Has anyone received a housing packet from Georgia State yet?  I know they were supposed to mail one out, but I haven't gotten anything.  I'm going down the beginning of July to hopefully find an apartment--I think being close to a MARTA station is my best bet. 

Oh--and if there are any Dave Matthews Band fans going to Georgia State (or any other school in Atlanta for that matter)--they are putting on a HUGE benefit concert in Piedmont Park with the Allman Brothers Band on Sept. 8th.  Tickets are $45, and go on sale to the public soon.  :D :D

The mere fact that you think you will have a social life as a 1L is hilarious...   :)
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

AtlAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2007, 08:39:26 PM »
Hey thanks for posting. Do you know if the new macbooks will work with the exam software. Did they allow macs this last year.

Yes, they now offer the exam software for Macs (I'm assuming there's no difference between "new" macbooks and "old" macbooks?)

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 02:00:45 AM »

The mere fact that you think you will have a social life as a 1L is hilarious...   :)

I said nothing about having a social life.  That would imply actually having the financial means to go out every once in awhile--and paying for bills without having a job will leave me pretty nicely in the negative (which leaves, oh--just about NOTHING for a social life  :D ).  I don't even have to factor in time spent as a 1L. 
But when it comes to ONE concert on a Saturday night when it is DAVE MATTHEWS BAND...yea, hilarious or not--I'll be there.  8)
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State