Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!  (Read 7998 times)

Festus

• View Profile
Re: GEORGIA STATE!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
I called yesterday to confirm that I'm not missing anything.  They said that once they've got your immunizations and official UG transcript (The LSAC one doesn't count) that they will take it from there.  She told me to sit back and wait for the section assignments.

Wait on the LSAT score....wait on the LOR's....wait on each of the status changes for each school applied to....wait on the decision....

I'm tired of all the waiting.  I'm ready to just get on with it. 

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 12:05:03 AM »
I hear ya.  But waiting is something I've grown accustomed to. (Navy's unofficial motto: hurry up and wait)  :D :D

The problem is that I already feel like I'm running out of time.  Anyone else having this problem?  I have to register with the VA so I can get them to complete the immunization stuff, I graduate this week, so can't get my official transcript until then, I have to find an apt somehow over the internet, fly down to Atlanta and check it out, and move by August 1...and I feel like June will be a wasted month because of everything else I have to do in life... lol...

August is going to come too early!!! But I can't wait...I'm getting so pumped to move again, and finally get my own apt again.  Even if I will be driving for days to get anywhere. lol...
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 09:47:35 AM »
I don't know what your time frame is for flying down, but if your immunization stuff isn't settled by then, you can go by the immunization office at the school.  Just bring your USN shot records and they will accept that.  If your missing anything, they can give it to you right there and clear the immunization hold on the spot.  They're probably a few dollars more than the VA, but they make up for it by not running you all over town. 

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »
I'm taking a road trip in June/July, so I might try to drive through Atlanta on the way back--can check out the school (and immunization office) and apartments at the same time.  I'll try to get it done before that, but if I can't that's good to know.

Does anyone know if Georgia State has a laptop requirement?  I looked on the website, but couldn't find any info about it.

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »
I'm taking a road trip in June/July, so I might try to drive through Atlanta on the way back--can check out the school (and immunization office) and apartments at the same time.  I'll try to get it done before that, but if I can't that's good to know.

Does anyone know if Georgia State has a laptop requirement?  I looked on the website, but couldn't find any info about it.

In this techno savvy era it is probably best to have one whether the school requires it or not.
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »

In this techno savvy era it is probably best to have one whether the school requires it or not.

True.  I think the whole GSU law building is wireless so laptop will be real nice. 

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 11:24:56 PM »
Well I will definitely have a laptop, I was just wondering if there was a requirement as to which kind of laptop? 

I've seen from the other boards that many people prefer Macs, but most schools don't allow those (or at least, the exam software is not compatible with them). 

I know a lot of newer laptops on the market now have Vista on them --  I absolutely hate vista right now, would prefer a laptop with XP, at least until Microsoft works out the numerous kinks, and from what I understand some of the software some law schools are using isn't compatible with Vista--don't know if that is true or not.

I already have a laptop--a Compaq, and it is in no shape to go to law school with me  :P
I need to buy a new one this summer and just needed to know if there was a certain kind I had to have.

I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask...I'll post any answers I get.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »
Please let us know GSU's laptop system requirement.  I need to buy a new one before the school starts.

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
I called today and the person who normally answers the IT questions wasn't there, so I have to try again tomorrow. 

The girl I talked to did say though she knows they have limited support for MACs, which is what I assumed.

I'm leaning towards a lenovo R model, lower end with all the upgrades for the Processor and memory--just something to get me through the 3 years, and I think I'll just ask for XP if I don't get a hold of anyone tomorrow.  Lenovo is having a sale, and I know they'll probably have another one, but I can't afford to take that chance--I'm poor.  :D

I'll call again tomorrow and will let you know if I get through to him, but I don't know if I'll have better luck since it's Memorial Day weekend.

AtlAggie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »
This was the first year they offered our exam software for Macs (and consequently a lot of new Macs popped up this spring among the students). The exam software wasn't running on Vista this spring, but they might have it ready for fall exams--of course, that's still a ways away, so it's possible they (the IT folks) might not even know yet.