Law School Discussion

Does combining LSAT prep techniques help or harm you?

Does combining LSAT prep techniques help or harm you?
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:52:18 PM »
Hey everyone - I'm a newbie here and first wanted to thank everyone for their valuable posts so far.  This forum has the most beneficial law school info.  I've seen on the web!  Ok, on to my very first question on this site...

I'm gearing up for the June LSAT and I'm already enrolled in the Kaplan class starting next week.  To prepare for my Kaplan diagnostic on Monday, I've been reviewing the PR "Cracking the LSAT". So far, so good.  I'm actually thinking some of this stuff is pretty interesting (does that make me a nerd?) 

Anyway, I'm thinking about snagging the Nova "Mastering the LSAT".  I was hoping to tap into the best tips and tricks from all the best prep out there, and utilize a hybrid of techniques that make the most sense to me on LSAT day.

Do you think combining all of these different LSAT prep providers' techniques will help 'diversify' my prep, or do you think it will hurt and overall confuse me?  Will I need to 'unlearn' any specific technique in order for another one to work?  Is buying all these extra books overkill?  Should I stick to just one company and go the distance with just one?  What do you guys think?  Anyone else contemplating the same approach?

Thanks for your help!
ND JD Wannabe

Re: Does combining LSAT prep techniques help or harm you?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:54:48 PM »
If I were you I'd scratch everything and sign up for TestMasters.  You won't need to buy any additional books and you'll learn everything you need to know.  I attended the class and studyed 2-3 hours a day during the six week course.  After all that, I STILL couldn't finish all the material.  My score jumped from a 153 to a 168 including a perfect score on logic games.  I scored as high as a 172 on my best diagnostic as well.  It may be too late, but that is my 2 cents.