Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC PPWL : MASSIVE flame?????  (Read 1158 times)

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
GULC PPWL : MASSIVE flame?????
« on: April 30, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »

so convention on these boards state that there are two preferred wait-lists, the  " preferred" wait-list  which is  everything it says it is and a second " experimental" super-secret  version of the preferred wait-list that is distinguished by displaying the contact info of Sophia Sim. this  " experimental" list is in only its second year.

What is more the people who claim to have received what I dub the " sim" letter have further reported receiving recently an email from Dean Cornblatt sating their file will be reviewed FIRST ( starting on May8) . this gives them an advantage ( hence "Preferred preferred" ( PPWL))

I called Georgetown today. the person I spoke to told me that as far as she knew " there was only one "preferred" waiting list and it WAS NOT ranked". She then said she would transfer  me to the "waiting list  coordinator. This turned out to be a voice mail in which a woman's voice asked me to leave a message.  She spoke very fast and i could not make out a name ( or most of what she was saying)

I hung up and called immediately, but no one has answered at the admissions office then or during any of my subsequent phone calls.

Now this was not Sophia Sim or as far as i can tell an admissions oficer. But it got me thinking.

Couldn't this be FLAME started last year by preferred wait listers and then revived by this years crop??

I know cut and pastes of the supposed  letter and e-mails exist, but these are not proof of anything.

so I set out a dare invitation to PROVE  the existence of this Illogical " PPWL"  ( why does the regular " preferred" letter state they are not ranked? if the PPWL exists, isn't this a lie??/)

If you have the PPWL  ( the "Sophia Sim"  letter) : SCAN IT!!!!!  THEN IMAGESHACK IT!!!

if you received th email form dean Cornblatt, Open it in your Browser->Print Screen --> M.S Paint.--> Imageshack it.

There are too many questions about this out in the open. The existence or not of the PPWL is fo enormous importance to those of us on the " regular" PWL . Let's cut trough the Hocus Pocus and clarify this situation once and for all.

kang

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GULC PPWL : MASSIVE flame?????
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »
and i thought i was obsessed with the waitlist process...

fredd727

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
yea, i'm stressing out over here too. 

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »
DCB2006

why don't YOU scan in you PPWL letter?

no need to post it if you are concerned about privacy. Cover you name and address with a notecard or something then scan it and IM me.

Sorry to be such a pain, but my strategy towards the waitlist will be different depending on whether i can prove or not the existence of this sub-group

ProfessorPlum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Georgetown Law 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
Hahahahahahaha, well played!  ;D
hoia saxa

Gtown-Hopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 07:13:49 PM »
dude awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »
One little thing that is true, I called and ended up speaking to someone who called herself the waitlist coordinator.  Her name wasn't Sophia.

darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 03:56:09 PM »
redacted,

if you don't want to give the real name of the person you talked to, could you at least give her initials?

i am the normal PWL.  getting antsy....