Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Way to See Credit Score?  (Read 5091 times)

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Best Way to See Credit Score?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 10:22:35 PM »
tag. thanks, parischic!

you're welcome :).  If anyone has credit repair questions, I can try and share some of the things I've learned through my experience.

Cheers!

I've got one.

I was two months late on a credit card payment.  They called me and it was put on my credit report and has damaged my credit rating.

The problem was that, at the time, I couldn't pay because of a problem with my student loans.  This problem was not my fault, but it did put me a month behind (would've only been a month late paying).

Anything similar happen to you?  Who would I call to get this rectified?  Can I even get it rectified?

These questions are for anyone who may have helpful suggestions.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

Jean-Jacques

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »
tttttag
Listen to Bill Hicks.

sissy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
if you go to myfico.com you can sign up for a 30-day trial of their scorewatch program (or something similar).
they do not charge your card up front and they say they will send an email one week before your trial is up.
myfico.com is the official fico score place.

i signed up for it and was able to see my credit score along with a bunch of other of info- it was like all of my credit reports were consolidated into one.

this is the only i've found to see my actual credit score and not just my credit reports.

also, if you are a member of a credit union, they might look it up for you for free.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 10:48:13 PM »
i dont think the annual gives you your actual number score, they make you pay for that...

bastards...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

ginkgo biloba

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
tag~!!!

Brett McKay

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »
While you do get a free credit report, you usually have to fork over some money to see your FICO credit score. If you want to get a free estimate of your FICO score, check out the following link:http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp?lpid=BKRATE29

It asks you 15 questions about your financial history. In the end it gives you a pretty close approximation of your credit score.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
Hmm, would my previous purchases on international credit cards like MasterCard be included in a credit report when I move to the US, or do the credit organizations only have access to data within the US borders? I'm not really sure if not having a credit score will be significant to me at all, as we don't really have an equivalent system here.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 09:02:25 AM »
Hmm, would my previous purchases on international credit cards like MasterCard be included in a credit report when I move to the US, or do the credit organizations only have access to data within the US borders? I'm not really sure if not having a credit score will be significant to me at all, as we don't really have an equivalent system here.

you could shoot Mel a PM

she might know...
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 03:37:48 PM »

None of my credit information from my european accounts show up on my credit reports, only the accounts opened in the US with my social security number.

Boscat

• I am a ROCK STAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
tag