Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Wisconsin... my top choice, and in-state school.  (Read 6644 times)

badgerlaw

• View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at Wisconsin... my top choice, and in-state school.
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 11:29:42 AM »
Has anyone heard anything from UW?  I know calling to inquire probably wouldn't be the best idea, but the waiting is killing me!  It seems like in prior years (according to LSN), they notified people in June if they would be unable to accept them from the waitlist...but it seems like the waitlist hasn't moved at all?

Seventeen

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »
Admitted students have no required report dates left for telling UWisc. that they will not be attending. Our first Orientation Prep package stated that if we do not report promptly on the first morning, that our seat will be given to a waitlisted student.

As the summer continues, students will be pulled away from UWisc. if they are accepted at their WL schools, so from what I understand they will have an active waitlist until the first week of school.

That said, one of you can have my spot if Vandy lets me off their WL. ;) I have a fabulous Madison apartment too.. it could be a package deal (although I wish my apartment could come with me if I leave).
"We're adults. When did that happen, and how do we make it stop?" ~Grey's Anatomy

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »
When is tuition due?  I know it is due around the 20-27th of July at schools starting in August.  I am hoping once that comes due people will finally withdraw if they don't really want to attend
Boston College Class of 2011!

Seventeen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »
I understand that tuition is not due in full until late September. I think that is what I heard... but check the website.
"We're adults. When did that happen, and how do we make it stop?" ~Grey's Anatomy

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 01:14:17 PM »
ARGH.  Freaking out.

I could try again next cycle... work on a cruise ship and save up some dough, perhaps...

They prefer time off before college; I applied days after graduating.
They prefer early applicants; I applied on the last day.
They explicitly prefer re-applicants; I'm a first timer.

If I get dinged, should I just take my chances next year?  St. Thomas wouldn't hurt my JAG prospects at all, but I want to eventually wind up in academia (undergrads), and Wisconsin would certainly pad a resume.

I like the cruise ship and reapp idea.

Seventeen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
Our UW registration materials said that at least 20 of the set class of 2010 are currently committed to UW as well as one or more law school. Since some of them may withdrawal, keep waiting for the WL.

bailey5656

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
I talked to Dean Hall today and he said that they are still over enrolled for the Fall law class. Does anyone know anything else about the chances, it's really hard getting a straight answer out of him on the phone.  Just wondering if anyone has heard the same or different. Also if anyone knows if wisconsin often goes to the waitlist during their orientation from people who don't show up. I'm still hoping...

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 12:06:20 AM »
I met with Dean Hall last week on Tuesday (8/14) and he told me the same thing, that they are over enrolled.  I asked if that was common, and he said it had been in the last couple years, but (again it was a bit hard to get a straight answer) it did sound like even in the past when they were over enrolled at this point that they took some but very few people off the wait list.  I didn't ask if they offered a spot to many people and most couldn't take it because of the late notice, or if it was more than one spot.  He did tell me that Aug. 28, the first day of orientation, would be the last day that people would be called off the waiting list.  So that means next week is our last chance.  They aren't calling people through the first week of class like I think I heard somewhere else. 

Hope that helps, good luck!!  I am still holding out a very thin thread of hope, but am not getting my hopes up remotely high at this point.
Boston College Class of 2011!

badgerlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
I know of 2 people who were called this week and offered admission from the waitlist-1 accepted and 1 declined...so for those of you still holding out, the waitlist is moving.

bailey5656

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 05:09:19 PM »
Does anyone know if they are accepting any one else from the waitlist or is it pretty much over at this point