Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deferal policies at Temple and schools in general?  (Read 227 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Deferal policies at Temple and schools in general?
« on: April 28, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »
Ive been starting to consider asking Temple and possibly other schools.  Recently, my mother's health has taken a turn for the worst and due to this, i may have to help her obtain some benefits through SSA (which shoudl be easy considering her condition...but who knows).  I'll also have to help her rearange her living arrangement and get her financial/personal matters in order.  There are some other personal issues as well that have come from this that id rather not get into. 

Im begining to question if I would be able to give law school my all next fall.  I know how important 1L year can be, and im worried that due to these factors I would not be able to give it 100%.  Im also worried that if i do ask for a deferal and am granted one, I would lose my scholarship money.  I simply cannot attend law school full price, so no scholarship money is a dealbreaker.  I suppose my question is, if I do get a deferal, do schools generally offer at least the same amount?  Any other insight from anyone who has done this?
Princeton Law 2010

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deferal policies at Temple and schools in general?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »
I don't know, but I think if you were to call your top-choice schools and explain the situation, they would definitely help you as best they can.  At least they'd be able to give you real answers.  And if they aren't willing to work with you on this, would you really want to go to school there anyway?

Best of luck with everything, I know how much you've been struggling with choosing a school and I'm really sorry that your mom is ill.  But I'm sure that you will be able to work something out.