Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Interesting e-mail from Chicago...  (Read 402 times)

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Interesting e-mail from Chicago...
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »
"Dear ljg,

We have received your response form indicating that you fully expect to begin at the University of Chicago Law School in September, 2007.   We look forward to having you a part of the Law School community and a member of the Class of 2010.  Since you have said that you are definitely coming to Chicago, any deposits, letters of intent or outstanding applications to other law schools should be withdrawn......"

Interestingly enough, I let them know weeks ago that I was withdrawing via e-mail, and NEVER sent in a response form. I could understand getting an e-mail to the effect of "we haven't heard back from you yet, what's the deal?" if they somehow lost my e-mail, but to get one saying that I had committed myself to attending Chicago??? Ballsy.  ;)

Ipsa Dixit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting e-mail from Chicago...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

This reminds me of when I got an e-mail from a school thanking me for my continued interest and asking me the confirm my enrollment. The only problem was that several months before I got that e-mail, I had mailed in my withdrawal never sent in a deposit, and had no communication with them after withdrawing.
'tis herself!

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting e-mail from Chicago...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »
;D ;D ;D

This reminds me of when I got an e-mail from a school thanking me for my continued interest and asking me the confirm my enrollment. The only problem was that several months before I got that e-mail, I had mailed in my withdrawal never sent in a deposit, and had no communication with them after withdrawing.

So funny- gotta wonder how often this stuff happens.  :)

On a smiliar note, when I withdrew from Northwestern via e-mail the dean forwarded my withdrawal to a friend from college who is on hold at Northwestern instead of forwarding it to the appropriate person in the admissions office!! He called me completely confused, thinking I had forwarded him the withdrawal...