Law School Discussion

University of Texas Class of 2010!!!

sladkaya

• Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: University of Texas Class of 2010!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »
Has anyone been able to get more financial  aid money from UT after submitting their seat deposits?

I got a letter with a new financial aid offer last Wed. which would have effectively lowered my fin aid award.  Called them and had it corrected, but was shot down for more money.  >:(

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 12:28:42 PM »
Has anyone been able to get more financial  aid money from UT after submitting their seat deposits?

I did. I was offered a scholarship after paying the seat deposit. I don't know if that's what you mean by fin. aid.

sladkaya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »

I did. I was offered a scholarship after paying the seat deposit. I don't know if that's what you mean by fin. aid.

An increase in scholarship or a scholarship where you didn't have one previously?

leostrauss

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »

An increase in scholarship or a scholarship where you didn't have one previously?

The latter.

sladkaya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:04 PM »

The latter.

Awesome, congrats!  same thing happened to someone else I know.

leostrauss

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

The latter.

Awesome, congrats!  same thing happened to someone else I know.

Thanks - It was very unexpected, but greatly appreciated. I don't know if that applies to the question the previous poster asked or not, but it should be noted that when I went to the Admitted Student's Day, I went to the Fin Aid office and straight up asked for some cash - politely. I don't know if it will work for you, or if they were already going to give this to me, but it may be worth a shot.

Edit: by "you" above, I mean anybody reading and not Sladkaya who is going to NU. Congrats Slad - I am still waiting to hear from them -- Leo

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
I too had my financial aid package readjusted randomly after putting down a deposit. I don't have any advice, other than I always wrote nice e-mails and sent a thank you note after my initial scholarship award.

Pretty spiffy.

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 05:10:40 PM »
Ugh I am so fed up with the scholarship stuff at UT. Seriously it's like they are trying to make me feel like i'm' lucky to be even going to do their school when I've been accepted at higher ranked schools and offered  more money from them. UT is making me feel like i'm just a number. If it's going to be like that, maybe someone should really remind them that they are a number too, and currently, a low number at that compared to higher-ranked schools that are offering more money!! UGHHHH!!!

sladkaya

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »
Ugh I am so fed up with the scholarship stuff at UT. Seriously it's like they are trying to make me feel like i'm' lucky to be even going to do their school when I've been accepted at higher ranked schools and offered  more money from them. UT is making me feel like i'm just a number. If it's going to be like that, maybe someone should really remind them that they are a number too, and currently, a low number at that compared to higher-ranked schools that are offering more money!! UGHHHH!!!

I know how you feel.  Totally.  But they are the Harvard of Texas  :D

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »
Im pretty sure I'll be going to UT, and I am excited! My BF and I (both attending) finally picked it over Vandy. We are driving from L.A., and moving to the Triangle. It may be expensive, but by L.A. standards it is the bargain of a lifetime. We are semi-preparing by perusing through the books recommended in PLSII (go ahead, rant about it), but for the most part we are just lounging about waiting for the long drive ahead of us. Might listen to LEEWS on the way. So, how does the FB thing work?