Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: turning down yale  (Read 13944 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: turning down yale
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
Just writing to thank you all for your input! After much deliberation and talking with a Yale prof who concurred that Yale's Intl Law offerings were slim to none, I deposited at Columbia. Columbia's offerings in intl law and labor are more or less equivalent to NYU's, and like NYU, my scholarship comes with a mentorship component.

Come finals next year, I may regret my decision. But in the meantime, I'm looking forward to living in the city and graduating with modest debt.

Yale Law is a very happy place and I am sure you will enjoy LOVE your time there. I will definitely be swinging by for the Rebellious Lawyering Conference!

Congratulations on your decision, moglidabear!
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

Princessa1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
I think the Hamilton is a great decision...best combo of classes in your field of interest, lack of debt, advisor hookup, and prestige! Congratulations!
Harvard Law School, Class of 2010!

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
This is not true. Attic4fp and other yale undergrads often have a high number of friends and acquaintances in the law school, usually through friends in years above who went on to YLS. I myself happen to not know any law students (to my knowledge) except for the ones who graduated and still hang out with undergrads. Very sad.

"a high number"

un huh.

Perhaps. I'd still be reluctant to listen to an undergrad about the law school. 

A) Don't be a jerkoff.

B) Ask Attic.

I don't care enough. People not affiliated with the law school will rarely have such a critcal mass of friends that represent such a cross section of the law school population as to make a generalization about them. EVEN if attic is one of those people, it certainly is not true of most of the undergrads. I can take offense to the generalization because the one posted on this thread is false and I'm included in the group.

The UGs obviously know a great deal about the law school itself and I said as much to Jalong. Don't be immature.
YLS c/o 2009

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »
This is not true. Attic4fp and other yale undergrads often have a high number of friends and acquaintances in the law school, usually through friends in years above who went on to YLS. I myself happen to not know any law students (to my knowledge) except for the ones who graduated and still hang out with undergrads. Very sad.

"a high number"

un huh.

A) Don't be a jerkoff.

B) Ask Attic.

I don't care enough. People not affiliated with the law school will rarely have such a critcal mass of friends that represent such a cross section of the law school population as to make a generalization about them. EVEN if attic is one of those people, it certainly is not true of most of the undergrads. I can take offense to the generalization because the one posted on this thread is false and I'm included in the group.

The UGs obviously know a great deal about the law school itself and I said as much to Jalong. Don't be immature.

You don't care enough not to be a jerkoff? I caught that. Thanks though.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2007, 07:54:29 PM »

"a high number"

un huh.

A) Don't be a jerkoff.

B) Ask Attic.

You don't care enough not to be a jerkoff? I caught that. Thanks though.

lol...awesome response, kiddo.  ::)
YLS c/o 2009

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »
Oh, I was being sincere. No eye-rolling emoticons implied or meant.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
Oh, I was being sincere. No eye-rolling emoticons implied or meant.

lol, grow up before you hit HLS, kiddo. Seriously. :)
YLS c/o 2009

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2007, 07:59:07 PM »
I'm on it. Thanks for the advice, sugar.
This sig kills fascists.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »
Oh leave her alone Galt.  All UGs are lame.  You know this, I know this, it's no secret.  Hell, we probably knew this while we were in UG ourselves.  It's like making fun of a toddler for using training wheels.  At least she's on a trike.  You get Nerdphanie, we get her.  +1 me.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2007, 08:20:17 PM »
Oh leave her alone Galt.  All UGs are lame.  You know this, I know this, it's no secret.  Hell, we probably knew this while we were in UG ourselves.  It's like making fun of a toddler for using training wheels.  At least she's on a trike.  You get Nerdphanie, we get her.  +1 me.

lol...you're a good man, Spaulding.
YLS c/o 2009