Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reminding Recommender  (Read 2007 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Reminding Recommender
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 10:54:48 PM »
Just sign the form.   Otherwise, lsac will probably send the entire packet back to your recommender, saying it's imcomplete (they need to have that info for privacy laws or regulations or something, I'd imagine.  We had them at BU for study abroad program apps).  Then your recommender will wonder why the hell they got it back, figure it out, and have to come find you or ask you for another *completed* form.

Honestly, sometimes I think you're going to screw yourself over by being such a stickler for pointless and unavoidable technicalities.

Everyone has to sign the form. There is no specific rule that says I can waive my right or not waive it. This in on the general LOR form. It's not a choice they way LSAC presents it. So, where is explicitly stated to the recommender that I have waived my right? In only says it in the pparagraph underwhich I sign, and If I don't sign it, it will not be processed, so I sm waiving my right only in the sense that I have to in order to sign it. Or, should I really just not sign it?

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2004, 11:35:48 PM »
Well actually I wasn't too detail oriented because when I signed the form, I did not read the part that I am giving up my right to read it.  This has been discussed so much, I never bothered to look where to waive my rights to read it, because I don't want to give up the right.  I thought there was a section or something that may explicitly state, and make it clear to the recommender that I have waived my right.  A lawyer might pick it up, and a professor might not read it, there just isn't a real noticeable method to tell the recommender that you waived your right.  Its seems silly now that I signed it, and didn't know I was actually waiving my rights, and then ask the attorney for a copy?  That's not going to look good.  Must reach him soon! 

Jacy, howze about that PS?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2004, 09:34:55 AM »
PS is alright.  I went and did the last read through, made a few more tweaks, and am waiting for the bf to read it over again.  Now I just need to polish up these damn optional essays and my apps can be mailed out.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 07:41:02 PM »
Cool, you told me to remind you that I wanted to read it, without comment of course. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2004, 10:11:38 PM »
It should be finished in the next week or so.  (at least, I hope...)