Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone in @ Villanova and not going???  (Read 690 times)

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone in @ Villanova and not going???
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »
Let them know you're not going! And tell them to accept me  ;) but seriously... let them know!

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: Anyone in @ Villanova and not going???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
Let them know you're not going! And tell them to accept me  ;) but seriously... let them know!

I was accepted, and I withdrew.

Goodluck. The world needs more Wildcats... ;-)
VIP.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
bump

John5705

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:23:10 PM »
While I agree that writing posts asking people to withdraw is unnecessary and pointless, don't you think you are being a little dramatic and harsh in your response?  I certainly hope that posts like these are not putting that much extra pressure on you.  Calm down...breathe...it is going to be ok.  Most of us are stressed and most of us are desperate at this point.  Clearly, the original post was written in an act of desperation.  Applying to law school (and then being wait listed) will do that to you.  Just ignore them.

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 05:34:02 PM »
If an anonymous post on a discussion board puts that much pressure on you my guess is that you need to see somebody about dealiing with that before law school and definitely before becoming a lawyer.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
Pardon my language, but please shut the hell up and get off our backs.

Choosing a law school is a difficult decision for EVERYONE.  Some of us are feeling pressure from our parents, some are dealing with the headache of financial aide and student loan issues, and others just plain can't decide in what city/region they want to stake their career.  The LAST thing anyone needs is more added pressure coming from whiney waitlisters saying "please withdraw."  The decision making process is hard enough as is, so please back off.

It's not MY, or any other admitted student's, responsibility to increase YOUR chances of getting into your target school off of the waitlist.  Maybe you should've spent more time working hard and studying, and you wouldn't be in your current unfortunate position.

(If anyone else out there has seen a post similar to this in relation to the WL at one of their potential schools, please feel free to copy this entry, as it is meant not as a personal attack on this poster, but as a universal response.  Thanks.)

Hey, a-hole, you clearly misread what I posted.  I said "IF YOU'RE NOT GOING" - meaning that you've decided you're not going and you just haven't sent in your withdrawl notice.   This is a very busy time of year and it may have slipped some peoples minds to let the school know you're not going there.  And take the others posters' advice about chilling out b/c law school is gonna be rough on you if you're throwing a *&^% fit over this. 

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 08:47:50 PM »
So sad...

flirtingwithdisaster

• packin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »
way too much anger here.

it's only april people, they'll be plenty of things to get mad at in the coming months.

simmer-down.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »
Sure, HTH.

danielle83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
I got in but I have withdrawn my application.  Hope that frees up a spot and some scholarship money for you!