Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How well does BU place outside of Boston?  (Read 6022 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How well does BU place outside of Boston?
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 06:22:19 PM »
If you're sorry, why start this crap?

You could have just written a post saying "No, it's more like Top 40%, and here's why <insert link>". But I guess you like bitching and whining more than coming with anything constructive.

PM me if you want to keep doing this.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »
I really don't. Go back to xoxo :p

moo cow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »
i go to BU, and everyone goes big law.  i have a fried with a 3.25 (i.e. below the curve of 3.3) and he had a bunch of interviews for big law in NY but ended up choosing NJ b/c it's his home state.  basically, if you do just average or slightly above, you're all set for a primo position in NY.  the top 20% is definitely wrong.  way more than that go big law, and also, we're not ranked, so nobody knows who is top 20%.  and, for what it's worth, princeton review puts us among the top 10 schools for best career prospects.  actually, here's the list in case you're curious:  northwestern, chicago, michigan, harvard, NYU, Penn, Notre Dame, BU, UVA and GW.  so don't worry about your NY career prospects coming here.  :) 

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:08 PM »
Just a question about the not ranked part, I see a lot of BU graduates claim to be "top 10%" etc, if the school doesn't rank, are these just estimates the students make on their own, based on their gpa?

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »
KeNo, every comment you make on this board is an unfounded piece of crap that only shows you are speaking out of your ass. Maybe enough with it already?

Is it pissing you off that a good school admitted a person with sub-par numbers or something? Or is something else eating you morons?

what were ur numbers?
Princeton Law 2010

moo cow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 08:10:59 PM »
Just a question about the not ranked part, I see a lot of BU graduates claim to be "top 10%" etc, if the school doesn't rank, are these just estimates the students make on their own, based on their gpa?

BU stopped ranking last year.  also, they still tell us who is in the top 10% (but only top 10%)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »
KeNo, every comment you make on this board is an unfounded piece of crap that only shows you are speaking out of your ass. Maybe enough with it already?

Is it pissing you off that a good school admitted a person with sub-par numbers or something? Or is something else eating you morons?

what were ur numbers?

156/3.0 - I'm probably a bit oversensitive about it, but the fact that a few people have sent me rude PM's about getting admitted (like it's my f-ing fault) kinda made me a bit edgy about it.

BU stopped ranking last year.  also, they still tell us who is in the top 10% (but only top 10%)
Any idea how employers react to this? Do they know the grade curve so they at least have something to compare students to on OCI?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 08:30:32 PM »
i go to BU, and everyone goes big law.  i have a fried with a 3.25 (i.e. below the curve of 3.3) and he had a bunch of interviews for big law in NY but ended up choosing NJ b/c it's his home state.  basically, if you do just average or slightly above, you're all set for a primo position in NY.  the top 20% is definitely wrong.  way more than that go big law, and also, we're not ranked, so nobody knows who is top 20%.  and, for what it's worth, princeton review puts us among the top 10 schools for best career prospects.  actually, here's the list in case you're curious:  northwestern, chicago, michigan, harvard, NYU, Penn, Notre Dame, BU, UVA and GW.  so don't worry about your NY career prospects coming here.  :) 

Thank you.

SHOTGUN

• X-Wing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »
Besides all the arguing, your replies helped. So BU places quite well in NYC.
And I didn't mean BigLaw, I just meant outside of Boston (like NYC).
BTW just received my rejection from FORDAMM!
Guess I'm 98% sure I'm going to BU.
In: Kent,BU,UMD,GMU
WL: 1 school
Reject: 6 schools

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 08:33:27 PM »
Arguing is good for the soul. Sorry to hear about the rejection, but you're still in at a good school :)