Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Went to a state school and get screwed on GPA?  (Read 1386 times)

gatorade2007

• View Profile
Went to a state school and get screwed on GPA?
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »
I went to a state school, which didn't have "-"s, there is a time, my grade was 0.1 points away from an A, and the professor won't cut me any slacks, and got a B+ instead.  and to make matters worse, B+ is considered 3.5 at my instution, now LSAC is converting it to a 3.3?  errr, this is going to be sucky sucky.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Went to a state school and get screwed on GPA?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »
yeh, it does suck, but you can point out on your resume what rank you have in your school.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:13:10 AM »
I have a feeling this is the least of your worries.

mrdunson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
Don't sweat it.  It will all work out in the end, despite the fact that the law school cartel lowered your gpa. 

Spartan Niner

• You point, I punch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:08:16 AM »
Don't sweat it.  It will all work out in the end, despite the fact that the law school cartel lowered your gpa. 

Personally I think people worry about GPA too much, but that may just be a side effect of me having a low GPA at the moment...

I got distracted sophomore year with the idea that I'd "keep my pre-med option open" by taking too many science courses. Let's leave it at the fact that my non-science/non-math GPA is ~3.9 whereas my science/math GPA is... ehrmm, lacking.

Yeah, I quit that pre-med sucker real quick and returned from my brief foray into science-land a bit burned.  ;D

GPA/LSAT won't kill you if one or the other is a bit low... your personal statement and your application as a whole is still very important.
"Jump on my sword while you can evil, I won't be as gentle!"

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 01:16:01 AM »

Personally I think people worry about GPA too much, but that may just be a side effect of me having a low GPA at the moment...

I got distracted sophomore year with the idea that I'd "keep my pre-med option open" by taking too many science courses. Let's leave it at the fact that my non-science/non-math GPA is ~3.9 whereas my science/math GPA is... ehrmm, lacking.

Yeah, I quit that pre-med sucker real quick and returned from my brief foray into science-land a bit burned.  ;D

GPA/LSAT won't kill you if one or the other is a bit low... your personal statement and your application as a whole is still very important.

Ummm....you obviously haven't applied to law school yet.

Your numbers are the most important thing.  There is a reason why they're called 'hard factors'.
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)