Law School Discussion

1st Draft what do u think?

nathanielmark

Re: 1st Draft what do u think?
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2004, 07:39:54 AM »
i would avoid getting into political or religious debate in my PS, because you dont know the feelings of the person who will be reading it. but thats just me.
it also doesnt say much about you as a person, IMO

GentleTim

• 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2004, 07:48:24 AM »
I'm curious to read the rest of it.  Can you post it or send it to me?

pvucovich@hotmail.com

dancer3

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2004, 08:10:56 AM »
there is no debate about politics or religion.  in fact, there is no reference to religion in the rest of the essay.  it does go on to explain who i am as a person and how the event had a major impact on what i wanted to do with a law degree and all that other good stuff.

once i am finished i will post the draft of the entire PS.

thank you guys.  u have been a big help.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2004, 08:48:30 AM »
BS.  They get enough boring "why I want to be a lawyer" stuff.  Poetry is not antithetical to the law. 

I for one plan to use the English language in a way people can relate to, not in a sterilized form as a lawyer.  I understand that there's a certain amount of that, but creativity is excellent in the profession of law, and knowing how to catch attention is equally important.

I'd say the OP is definitely on the right track.

ZAP

I don't like it.  You need to get to the punch line quicker.  Obviously this is about freedom of speech of church state issues.  Just say that.  We don't need you to slowly describe the mist wafting in the air.  If I'm wondering whether to admit you to my law school and I start reading that I might think you really want to be a poet, not a lawyer.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 08:49:52 AM »
I second that motion.

ZAP

Superiorlobe, shut up.

superiorlobe

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 10:57:03 AM »