Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Michigan State University Class of 2010!  (Read 3491 times)

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Michigan State University Class of 2010!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
just to repeat - if anyone is looking for apartment essentials, let me know
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

Frank Barone

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 10:56:30 AM »
Has MSU, or any of the other schools you applied to, deposited your application fee?  Mine are still up in the air.

Lox or tenaciousb, how were the storms in central MI yesterday?  I heard they were rough.

Lox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »
Not sure about the application fees. What a waste of money!

The storms were pretty rough. I got stuck BBQing in the pouring rain. I sat all day at work soaked!

GO STATE!

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »
Has MSU, or any of the other schools you applied to, deposited your application fee?  Mine are still up in the air.

Lox or tenaciousb, how were the storms in central MI yesterday?  I heard they were rough.

no big deal
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

ChipJRyan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2007, 08:16:52 PM »
Has anyone in the daytime section gotten their subsection (I think that's what they're called) assignments?  I don't know what RWA class I'm in...got any info?

Thanks,
Chip

ericptk2000

• MSU' 10
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
Hi Chip,

I could be wrong, but I thought we got those at orientation.  If anyone knows better, I would be interested in hearing the answer to this question too.

Bumpersticker and Laptop (Attending): MSU '10
Bumpersticker (In): Pitt, Case($), MSU($$$$), Loyola, Cincinnatti($), Toledo ($$$$)
I'm sorry can you hold (WL): American
Dropped call (OUT): OSU

butter tart

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mmmmmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »
Has anyone in the daytime section gotten their subsection (I think that's what they're called) assignments?  I don't know what RWA class I'm in...got any info?

Thanks,
Chip

I think once they enroll us at the end of July we'll know.  Although it could be as late as orientation I guess.  I'm pretty sure all RWAs are on Friday either way.  Anyone else in the RWA-IP section?

plex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »
Anyone heard what books we will be using for our classes? (its the same regardless of which prof)

Would prefer to buy them from somewhere other than the bookstore which likes to markup the price 100-200%.

LVP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »
Anyone heard what books we will be using for our classes? (its the same regardless of which prof)

Different profs use different books.

Would prefer to buy them from somewhere other than the bookstore which likes to markup the price 100-200%.

Profit margin at the bookstore is generally about 45% for used, about 20% for new.  Can be higher, especially for used.  I'm not saying you should shop there, just saying the markup isn't quite as egregious as you think.
Pizza is the reward, death is the risk.

#

plex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 03:52:05 AM »
I am basing my assumption off an e-mail from the school that says that the profs will use the same book for each class, you may know better though if you're a student there. Also, used books have drastically lower price online compared to bookstores, usually a book that costs 120 used at a bookstore can be found for 40 online, the only reason I am considering uses a campus bookstore at all, is because it is the first term, so I can't just go ask my prof for the next term or go to the bookstore and see what they have marked for the teacher.