Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: [The Few] White Law Students [Who Don't Quite Get It] Discussion Board  (Read 30366 times)

ladi

• View Profile
My goodness...;D

ladi

• View Profile
i love this argument!

for the record, every member of the Naacp is probably black, or will i stand corrected?

but, not every black is a member of the naacp.  however, the naacp represents every black whether they want it to or not.  or maybe the blacks that don't want to be referred to as "colored" don't join.  maybe its membership through birth rite.  in any event, the naacp and affirmative action and quotas are all intertwined.  and the conferderate flag cant even be compared to the nazi regime what so ever. 

i have a new topic since that one is going back and forth.  this is hypothetical, but not racist and i don't mean any disrespect, but let's make the best out of a bad situation.

what if slavery would have never occured and blacks would have never been "imported" for lack of better terms...they would all be suffering in africa.  starving, aids ridden, etc.  while i in no way condone slavery, the blacks today aren't slaves and should be more respectful to their ancestors who suffered so they could have a truly better life.  i doubt those former slavews, God bless their souls, would want to see blacks act the way they do now. 
just a thought, bring it on....

Wow! Well, I am curious to know the amount to reading you have done on the African continent on a whole. Since when was everyone suffering in Africa before trans-Atlantic slavery?  There were, of course, challenges facing the hundreds of different cultures in Africa before the Europeans arrive, but many of the difficulties faced today are linked to colonialism. In fact, the modern day nations that you see did not even exist until the arrival of colonists.

But please do tell me what "bad situation" my family would have been in since you must somehow be aware of the region of Africa from which I descend and the ethnic group to which I belong. BTW, I am neither of American heritage nor of recent African descent.

Also since when are all "blacks" descendants of slaves? Further, how do you know how respectful of our ancestors "blacks" are?  Do you know how important ancestors are to African/African descended religions? Are you aware of the impact this has in the many "black" cultures today, whether traditional religions are practiced or not?

Lastly, which "blacks" or African descendents today are you referring to? The ones in political office? Your fellow law students or students to be? Those residing in the U.S., Latin America or the Caribbean, Europe? Tell me, how do "WE" act?

Look forward to you response. I love this argument too!  ;)

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile

for the record, every member of the Naacp is probably black, or will i stand corrected?

I hope you're standing because you are about to be corrected. Every member is not black. In fact, the Executive Director of the Hollywood Bureau is not black. (see http://www.naacp.org/about/leadership/executive/vbulluck/). The Elkhart NAACP chapter has a number of white members. (see https://www.pww.org/past-weeks-1999/Teens%20oppose%20Klan.htm) Additionally, the NAACP's history is not all black. It was founded by 2 African-Americans, a Jewish man, 1 white women, and 2 white men. Lastly, according to a CSPAN broadcast I watched, the NAACP has been feverishly trying to recruit more whites into the organization.

but, not every black is a member of the naacp.  however, the naacp represents every black whether they want it to or not.

Let's change up the variables. but, not every (white) is a member of the (KKK).  however, the (KKK) represents every (white) whether they want it to or not. That logic makes no sense. It assumes that black people are monolithic and seperate from the American social mainstreme. If the U.S. Senate is all white (which it was before Obama), does it only represent the interests of white Americans?

or maybe the blacks that don't want to be referred to as "colored" don't join.  maybe its membership through birth rite.  in any event, the naacp and affirmative action and quotas are all intertwined.

??? Just because you make a statement that doesn't make it true. You need to give reasons for your assesments. Aren't you trying to go to law school?

and the conferderate flag cant even be compared to the nazi regime what so ever. 

Nazi Germany enslaved and exterminated Jews. The Confederacy (Southern States) enslaved and exterminated Africans. Neither entity atoned for their immoral misjudgements before they were defeated. Both had flags.

what if slavery would have never occured and blacks would have never been "imported" for lack of better terms...they would all be suffering in africa.  starving, aids ridden, etc.  while i in no way condone slavery, the blacks today aren't slaves and should be more respectful to their ancestors who suffered so they could have a truly better life.  i doubt those former slavews, God bless their souls, would want to see blacks act the way they do now. 

Actually, Africa was a thriving continent and, in some regions, an operating democracy before European Imperialsim. You would not have extreme poverty, which is the root to all Africa's ills, if Africa was not being and had not been exploited. So please. Obviously, you know nothing about the history of Africa and African Americans. So again, Getdafuqoutahere.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Man alive, somebody please get me an aspirin.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Man alive, somebody please get me an aspirin.

I figured you might need this instead:

[img width= height=]http://www.findrxonline.com/drugs/vicodin.jpg[/img]

:D
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

That might do it.  :D
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile

That might do it.  :D

No kidding.

Oh my god I hadn't been back in here in a while. Holy crap.

Seventhson, you have a lot of stamina.

I'm just bored at work.  :D

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
im late for work but fuq it..

ok, let see where do i begin.

first, i knew not every NAACP member was black, i threw that in there just for sake of argument.  second, KKK is a hate group while NAACP is a political group.  the KKK does not want anyone who isnt pure white anglo saxon to be in their group.  the NAACP will take anyone who will join- white, black, jew.  the naacp wants a diverse culture to stray away from their counterpart-the black panthers- who are a hate group.  also, TITLE alone, national association for the advancement of colored people one can refer that....it represents colored people.  i have yet to see the NAACP take an issue on a non colored person and back them up.  if you have seen sucha thing, please let me know im curious.

now, about my africa rant.  i didnt mean you would SURELY be suffereing, but i have done a bit of reading/research through college about the state of affairs in Africa and the majority of things aren't going so well.  and before the evil white man went to africa and stole the slaves- wait a minute- it was africans who sold africans into slavery.  nevermin then....

now just because you are black doesnt make you african.  im speaking about true african descendents.  please tell me that harriet tubman would want her struggles to be shot in vain with the political fires of al sharpton and jesse jackson.  read the book "shakedown" if you care to learn anything about jesse jackson.  as long as the "black man is down" and theres a "struggle in the hood", al sharpton and jesse jackson thrive.  without this, htey are nothing and they know it. its sad that they represent the black community when much of the black community realize they are being hosed.   

back to africa and their thriving economy.  africa was thriving through- wait a second- slavery!!!!!

i stand behind my research that slavery was occuring well before the european imperialism took shape.  europeans simply went to the african market and bought what was willingly sold- sure, its wrong, but in those times, thats the way it was.  please dont portray africa as being an innocent victim of euro pillaging.  it wasnt like they invaded africa.  africa was indeed exploited- however, africa exploited africa, europe simply entered the fray at that time. 

also, my father is first generation descendents of the slavs- (czech) the original slaves- where the word came from.  where is my redemption? 

ok, you are hell bent on comparing conferderats to nazies.  here's another attempt to debunk this myth.  nazi germany was ethnic cleansing/genocide. they wanted to rid the earth of jews.  early america, confederates, were not ethnic cleansing, in fact, many white plantation owners/politicians had sex/relationships with slaves and procreated. i will go ahead and save the argument on ur side- yes, some were raped, but not all.  they obviously did not want to rid the earth of africans.   

so now that im back, are you gonna gethafuqoutahere?  i hope u stay and continue our debate.

"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Steven Colbert interviewed the representative from Tennessee (Nashville area I think), who tried to join the black caucus.  His district is 70+% black.  They wouldn't let him join :(  Do you think they will be more open to whites in the future? 

ladi

• View Profile
princeyanni:

Who and what specifically are you really responding to? I see my post was barely addressed. Just wondering if you intended to give a direct response...