Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: [The Few] White Law Students [Who Don't Quite Get It] Discussion Board  (Read 29208 times)

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
Re: White Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 11:28:06 PM »
How about "White Entertainment Television" or the NAAWP instead of the NAACP?  Personally, I don't think either of these are necessary, but then again I don't think it's necessary to have a seperate area for black students to talk about law school.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that we are probably going to the exact same law schools and will be sitting right next to each other in class.  We don't have seperated law schools; why have seperated law school forums?
It's really a shame that they only let black people watch BET or post on BLSD. They should start letting everyone in.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
Agreed.  I am for equality--nothing more and nothing less.  There is no need to segregate any more.  Race is about as relevant as what hand a person writes with or what type of car they drive.

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
  • What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
Okay, I'm going to roll my eyes YET AGAIN, and say that there's a double standard.  With good reason.  Black people with racial consciousness is not as threatening as white people with racial consciousness. 

But hey, I'm just an affluent white anglo-saxon protestant from the upper east side.  What do I know?

Fair enough

Ask a White Dude!

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »
Agreed.  I am for equality--nothing more and nothing less.  There is no need to segregate any more.  Race is about as relevant as what hand a person writes with or what type of car they drive.

spoken like a true right-handed person.

rsieg10

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »
It's really a shame that they only let black people watch BET or post on BLSD. They should start letting everyone in.

It IS a shame, however, that certain scholarships are open ONLY to black people.

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:51 PM »
I would voice my opinion about racial discrimination (Bakke dot dot dot) but don't want to afford people attacking with weak arguements about how blacks are aloud to have separate advanteges that whites cannot be given. (I am all for equal protection so don't give me any BULL)

Well, spelling mistakes aside, in Grutter v. Bollinger the Court said diveristy is a compelling governmental interest and will withstand an Equal Protection attack...
HLS '10

Ask a White Dude!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »

It IS a shame, however, that certain scholarships are open ONLY to black people.

Good thing that no one racial group has most of the economic and political resources in this country.

Oh wait a second...

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 11:32:16 PM »

spoken like a true right-handed person.

Thank you for that

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 11:32:51 PM »

You must be white and you must live in the suburbs to think that race isn't relevant anymore.  You think society can change that much in fifty years?
HLS '10

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 11:33:25 PM »
I would voice my opinion about racial discrimination (Bakke dot dot dot) but don't want to afford people attacking with weak arguements about how blacks are aloud to have separate advanteges that whites cannot be given. (I am all for equal protection so don't give me any BULL)

Well, spelling mistakes aside, in Grutter v. Bollinger the Court said diveristy is a compelling governmental interest and will withstand an Equal Protection attack...

I figured someone would attack the spelling of a person that has been drinking since 5:30. Sweet dude