Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The American Taliban Was NOT a Terrorist  (Read 7542 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The American Taliban Was NOT a Terrorist
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
go bite self, junior.  julie made substantive comment--which only one you able attract, by way--and not responsible for riff-raff who find her so fascinating.  you have done much more to hijack than julie, so maybe you should move it somewhere else.

You're right, I appologize.  You made a substantive comment and the thread was hijacked.  I stand corrected. 

Nevertheless, and nothing against you Julie but you seem to be received with vitriol and I would like a serious discussion on this topic.  I have a solution, although not perfectly fair, it seems to be the most narrowly tailored to fit this situation.

Do you think that you could create another account and weigh in on substantive threads using it?
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »
go bite self, junior. julie made substantive comment--which only one you able attract, by way--and not responsible for riff-raff who find her so fascinating. you have done much more to hijack than julie, so maybe you should move it somewhere else.

You're right, I appologize. You made a substantive comment and the thread was hijacked. I stand corrected.

Nevertheless, and nothing against you Julie but you seem to be received with vitriol and I would like a serious discussion on this topic. I have a solution, although not perfectly fair, it seems to be the most narrowly tailored to fit this situation.

Do you think that you could create another account and weigh in on substantive threads using it?

you now being nice, so julie return favor.

julie absolutely beloved by most here, but get "vitriol" only from small band non-potty-trained intellectual dwarves who e-stalk her.  and julie's "nonsubstantive" responses often more substantive than you might credit.

julie never use other accounts, and not going start now.  anyway, julie's writing highly identifiable, for some reason.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:02 PM »
I was curious what people think.  Is there anyone that has investigated this?
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »
chee-rist.  do some reading, would ya?  try archives of tpm muckracker.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 06:18:49 PM »
chee-rist.  do some reading, would ya?  try archives of tpm muckracker.

I dont get it

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 06:29:52 PM »
chee-rist. do some reading, would ya? try archives of tpm muckracker.

I dont get it

that becoming more obvious with every post.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
It was pretty obvious at the time that he was not what they were saying he was. The British press, in particular, has long ago shown quite clearly that he was/is the victim of a prosecution so overzealous and flimsy as to constitute a frame-up. Do you know that he was convicted of "supporting the Taliban" (which was not a designated terrorist organization even though he was prosecuted under the 'material support to a terrorist organization' statute), and of "carrying explosives"? Carrying explosives? Hahaha. Dude was in Afghanistan.

The same kinds of problems are apparent in the prosecution of the Lackawanna 6.

Will he be pardoned? Not likely. Not by this or any future administration, notwithstanding the fact that he's innocent.

would've helped if he not plead guilty.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
It was pretty obvious at the time that he was not what they were saying he was. The British press, in particular, has long ago shown quite clearly that he was/is the victim of a prosecution so overzealous and flimsy as to constitute a frame-up. Do you know that he was convicted of "supporting the Taliban" (which was not a designated terrorist organization even though he was prosecuted under the 'material support to a terrorist organization' statute), and of "carrying explosives"? Carrying explosives? Hahaha. Dude was in Afghanistan.

The same kinds of problems are apparent in the prosecution of the Lackawanna 6.

Will he be pardoned? Not likely. Not by this or any future administration, notwithstanding the fact that he's innocent.

would've helped if he not plead guilty.
I agree, sort of. He would have a wealth of appeal options available, i mean, has anyone ever heard of ex post facto laws?  They invidiously singled out him because of  his nationality.

Then again, it would be a huge risk to take with the rest of your natural life.

Little known fact: his trial was set to the anniversary of 9-11

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 08:58:13 PM »
mmmm...fascinating discussion really, for a bunch of dilettantes perhaps.  has anyone here been to afghanistan recently?  does anyone know what they do to dissenting views, women, homosexuals, non-muslims, addicts, artists, non-Pushtuns, unwanted children, etc. over there? has anyone on this thread read anything about the history of this godforsaken sh#thole?  each of you defending this place would survive about 2 days over there.  Julie, tu as besoin d'une feminine hygiene product feminine ma fille.

Afghan Native

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »
mmmm...fascinating discussion really, for a bunch of dilettantes perhaps.  has anyone here been to afghanistan recently?  does anyone know what they do to dissenting views, women, homosexuals, non-muslims, addicts, artists, non-Pushtuns, unwanted children, etc. over there? has anyone on this thread read anything about the history of this godforsaken sh#thole?  each of you defending this place would survive about 2 days over there.  Julie, tu as besoin d'une feminine hygiene product feminine ma fille.

As an illegitimate lesbian unitarian heroin-addicted Uzbek-Afghani performing artist who is often expressing dissenting views, I can tell you that you're seriously mistaken about many things.