Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame Waitlist?  (Read 2535 times)

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
Notre Dame Waitlist?
« on: March 08, 2004, 03:25:51 PM »
I've enjoyed the forum alot, reading just about all the posts...
Anyways, my question is, has anyone else been but on the 'provisional list' (same as waitlist I'm asuming) at Notre Dame - like I have? Any suggestions as to what I should do? I will be sending a tailored personal statement to them, as per the school's suggestions, but should I call/email them -  would that help? Also, does anyone know if the provisonal list, is in fact the waiting list? Is there a priority waiting list there? (I hope not!) like there is at some other schools?
Thanks alot for any responses.
Marcman

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
Re: Notre Dame Waitlist?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 05:25:22 PM »
So, no one's been WL'ed at ND? God I want to go there so if you've been accepted and you're not planning on going, could you please tell the school to suck your balls so I can take your spot? Thanks! ;D

bobfett33

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:54:13 PM »
I don't get it with Notre Dame... I've been complete their for over five weeks, and I haven't heard a thing since going complete... not even a waitlist... but I think my numbers are good enough to get right in - 167/3.2...

wolfman1977

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 12:14:46 AM »
Hey Marcman,

ND placed me on the "provisional list" near the end of Feb., and I asked them to remove my name from consideration in early March (hope that ends up helping someone).  The provisional list is the same as the waitlist.  As of Feb. 20th they hadn't ranked the list but I assume they will before taking candidates off of it (they said they will start doing that in late April but I know people who got waitlisted in Feb. then got an acceptance letter a few weeks later).

I think the best thing to do is send them a letter saying ND is great, it's your top choice, and how/why you value it over the other law schools you applied to.  Also, be sure to mail in any updated grades, awards, etc.  I don't think calling would do a whole lot, but that's just my opinion. Again, I think the most important thing is to let them know ND is your top choice (I'm assuming it is from the tone of your post).

BTW, I've heard a lot of rumors that ND is going to have a ridiculously low acceptance rate this year, something like 12%.  I know that a ton of applicants got a letter asking them why they love ND yada yada (these people were not waitlisted, their apps were just pending until ND got their response), and that a lot of these people had superior numbers, like 170+ LSAT's.  I think ND is using the provisional list and the "why you want ND" letters to weed out those apps who apply to ND as a safety, or have it as their 10th choice.

I bleed the blue and gold, and would have liked to go to ND.  I was told by the asmissions office that there is basically zero chance of receiving scholarship $$ if you get in off the provisional list, so that's why I withdrew my app from consideration.  Good luck to you, hope it works out.

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 12:22:09 AM »
thanks for the response, ya it is my top choice (with GW - where I have NO chance) and I will be sending in a sort of p.s., where I say that it is my top choice. Fortunatley I don't really need the $ so I certainly would still love to go there. 
I've thought about it and I think contacting them will probably just piss them off, if nothing else so I won't.
Glad to here the provisional list is one and the same as the WL. If anyone knows to the contrary, or like I said earlier, anyone knows of a priority list plese let me know, I'd love to know where I stand.
Thanks.

bobfett33

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 07:34:32 PM »
So, what's the deal for those of us who haven't heard ANYTHING?  As I said before, I've been complete at ND for 38 days now...

bobfett33

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 10:04:49 AM »
I spoke a few days too soon -

I'm now on the "provisional list"  - ooooooooooooh!

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 02:39:36 AM »
Thought I'd revive this thread.
Im still on the WL and I sent them a male private part-sucking letter along with a continued interest form, apparently they expect to take as many as 1-3 dozen people off the list, so heres hoping. Anyone get any news?

Ivy_Bound

• IVY Class of '07
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 12:47:53 PM »
Sorry YaleMan!  I wish I could help you but i just got notified of my acceptance this morning.  Ill tell you what.  If Harvard or Stanford comes through, you can have my place!

:P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P
Columbia or Stanford?

jgruber

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 12:50:38 PM »
Also, if anybody out there knows they are not going to ND, can you please withdraw your application?  Also, please take your name off the waitlist if you know you would not go to ND even if admitted.  If you have two deposits down and you know you are not going to ND, can you please withdraw your deposit?  Pretty please?!  :-\

I did one better.  Didn't apply.  And what thanks to I get?   ;D